DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick maps question...

MavProPlat1968

Reactions
As I am only in my first week of owning my first DJI MPP, my head is on overload trying to understand and retain all the great info I read here. One thing I cant seem to grasp is this....if I use a wifi only device to fly my MPP, if I cache several locations that I know I'll be flying from the most, will those stay or do I have to continue to cache them every time I want to go fly. If they stay then I see no reason to pay extra for a device that has the cellular/GPS function. If I wont follow me, I'll do a quick hotspot to my s10+. I just dont want to have to cache maps each time I take it out.

The procedure is different depending on your device. What will you be using? iOS or Android?

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
Havent decided 100% That could actually play a part in my decision. If one will retain the maps that makes it more enticing to me. As long as dji go4 is stable lol. I am leaning toward maybe iPad mini 5 at the moment. If anyone can suggest a better option I'm all ears

I am using Android and an old version of Go 4. I fly in airplane mode and have to reset the year to 2017 or the maps will not show. But when I do that I always have the original Here map available that I downloaded over a year ago.

Hopefully, an iOwner flying an updated Go 4 version will be of more assistance.

Since you are new at this I suggest you don't worry about the map yet. Just keep it close, fly in an open area, and get the feel for the sticks. Worry more about understanding RTH, insuring the home point is properly set, and insuring the MPP and directional indicator on Go 4 agree on your heading before you launch. I could say more but I would not want to overload you more than you already are.

Oh, and Welcome to the Club!

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
I'm new to DJI products, have flown nitro powered RC Helicopters and other drones, but nothing as capable as this drone is. I never leave the ground until I check my RTH altitude , GPS locks, and all the important things on the checklist. I actually made a checklist on paper to go over preflight but now pretty much have it memorized.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7