DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Mavic Pro Video Test (flight and hand held)

alexc

Reactions
I'm excited about joining this community. I'm a photographer/videographer and recently purchased the Mavic Pro. I'm stoked about the purchase. The size and ability of the drone is no short of awesome. I shoot mostly fashion and was curious about hand holding the drone for close-up shots, etc. I put together a quick little video while on vacation with the family in Russia. I should have read the forums about issues related to the gimbal and software algorithm not really geared towards hand holding. I'm going to give it a try with the Polar Pro Katana to do some more tests while hand holding. I realize there is a lot of stuttering with the video - due mostly to shaking the drone around while hand holding. Regardless I am excited about the possibilities with this creative tool.

Cheers,

Alex

In case anyone is curious on technical details.
Shot @ 2.7K 30fps 1/60 D-Log
Polar Pro ND/16 Filter
Adobe Premiere
Footage Interpreted 30 fps to 23.976 fps
16mm 4K Film Grain
LUTs Color Grading Pack by IWLTBAP

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: alexc
Very nice... I would recommend getting a 3rd party app and using a focus or zipline mode, with some flyovers. You had lots of Rocket mode shots, but it would have been neat if they were cut down a bit and replaced by flyover shots.

Very nice... I would recommend getting a 3rd party app and using a focus or zipline mode, with some flyovers. You had lots of Rocket mode shots, but it would have been neat if they were cut down a bit and replaced by flyover shots.
Definitely will start to incorporate different shots. Have to figure out how to exploit all the features of the drone ;)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I'm excited about joining this community. I'm a photographer/videographer and recently purchased the Mavic Pro. I'm stoked about the purchase. The size and ability of the drone is no short of awesome. I shoot mostly fashion and was curious about hand holding the drone for close-up shots, etc. I put together a quick little video while on vacation with the family in Russia. I should have read the forums about issues related to the gimbal and software algorithm not really geared towards hand holding. I'm going to give it a try with the Polar Pro Katana to do some more tests while hand holding. I realize there is a lot of stuttering with the video - due mostly to shaking the drone around while hand holding. Regardless I am excited about the possibilities with this creative tool.

Cheers,

Alex

In case anyone is curious on technical details.
Shot @ 2.7K 30fps 1/60 D-Log
Polar Pro ND/16 Filter
Adobe Premiere
Footage Interpreted 30 fps to 23.976 fps
16mm 4K Film Grain
LUTs Color Grading Pack by IWLTBAP
Howdy from Wyoming alexc, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998