DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Quick Pic: Fog Rolling In

TheDude

Reactions
On my way home last night, I noticed some fog starting to roll in. Pulled the car over, opened the trunk, and in about 2 minutes launched the Mini 2 straight up to grab these.
Noisy JPGs, as this was after sunset (and cropped in), but still thought it was neat.

What a world we live in where I can see something curious off the road, and in about 2 minutes have an aerial shot that would have required a great deal of planning, time, and expense only a few years ago.
The opportunity these afford in capturing spur of the moment memories is priceless to me.
Happy Friday, all!

RemoteMediaFile_6553677_0_2021_01_21_17_05_54 copy.jpgRemoteMediaFile_6553680_0_2021_01_21_17_06_56.jpgRemoteMediaFile_6553679_0_2021_01_21_17_06_42 copy.jpg

Nice spur of the moment capture. I became a fog lover accidently by getting a fog bank roll in during a hyperlapse take. It was a graceful roll in. Then I started searching for fog conditions, mainly ground fog for hyperlapses. Never thought I would be looking for those conditions for drone shots when I started flying. Thanks for sharing.

Nice spur of the moment capture. I became a fog lover accidently by getting a fog bank roll in during a hyperlapse take. It was a graceful roll in. Then I started searching for fog conditions, mainly ground fog for hyperlapses. Never thought I would be looking for those conditions for drone shots when I started flying. Thanks for sharing.
I’m right there with you. I didn’t think this would look so neat from the air. We get a fair bit of advection fog during winter here (PNW), so now I’m super jazzed to seek this out!

I can imagine how incredible a Hyperlapse would look. That’ll take some playing with the Mini 2 with stationary or extremely slow Cine Mode flying in 4K and just speeding it up, then lots of stabilizing in post I’m sure. Thinking I’ll be getting in line for the eventual Air3/Pro3 now...

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22