DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick question before flight tomorrow...

In other words you can contour the terrain below the drone up to a maximum of 400 feet. so over undulating ground you should be mirroring the ground contours rising and falling and that’s the art

Reactions: Robstene Hardy
So this is where I live... In a valley up in Saddleworth at the foot of the Pennines... This Pylon view is taken from my front door and as you can see it's on a hill that climbs up ahead of me...
My question is if I fly up to it and above it, how high can i fly once directly above it... Is it another 120 metres? I just want to find out so not to break any rules...

Many thanks :)
View attachment 102602

My first reaction to that photo was, "get me the hell out of here.!" I wouldn't fly near that beast for anything! Drive far, far away from that thing. It will probably screw up your GPS with all of its electricity and magnetism.

This is brilliant. Thanks so much. I had a feeling this was the case but you never know... And flying around here I wanted to be sure...
Where did you get that graphic from?

Yeh it is wire central but once flown below or above those initial ones it's fine on up to the Pylon...

I think I won't bother though... Kinda been spooked by the replies and my new drone is too nice to risk...

The CAA produced a similar version, except they regard the 400 ft as relative to any ground in the vicinity:

1590610683842.png

And neither the pylons nor the conductors will significantly affect the aircraft unless it hits them.

Reactions: Robstene Hardy
My first reaction to that photo was, "get me the hell out of here.!" I wouldn't fly near that beast for anything! Drive far, far away from that thing. It will probably screw up your GPS with all of its electricity and magnetism.
Get close enough and there may be some magnetic interference (but you'd have to be closer than you imagine).
But it would have no absolutely no effect on GPS.

Get close enough and there may be some magnetic interference (but you'd have to be closer than you imagine).
But it would have no absolutely no effect on GPS.
Yeh, I read an Australian post in some forum that stated it should be fine if you don't get any closer than 12 metres to the Pylon...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik