DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Shot Question

barmenta

Reactions
I used to have a Solo Drone which I loved, no problems, no crashes, but i moved on to the Mavic 2 Zoom. i am wondering if i am missing something simple. Solo has a Smart Shot, where you fly it to to where you want to start, mark it, then move to the next position and mark it and do this multiple times. you can do this with multiple position, camera angles and altitudes. Once you are done, you hit execute and it fly's seamlessly through the different waypoints. is that possible with the Mavic 2 or do you have draw that out on the app?

Thanks for the input.

Not sure what a Solo Drone is, but DJI Go4 does have a waypoint feature (I've never used it). I use Litchi to program waypoint missions online with my browser, and they automatically show up in my phone and ipad that I connect to my remote control. I execute the waypoint mission to do exactly what you are talking about. Litchi costs around $25 US, but it is well worth it as an app. It has some other features that DJIGo4 does not. See Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark

You can see the mission hub at: Mission Hub - Litchi

I think you have to have a Litchi account to create missions, which is included when you buy the app.

Last edited:
Also, you can use Dronelink that is very good. Litchi and Dronelink are my favorites.

Here are the results of a Litchi waypoint mission that I made (note that this was a 12-minute mission that I shortened to 6 minutes, so parts of it are sped up in post and look a little jerky - the original mission was smooth):

This is after the LNU Lightning complex fire (in Vacaville, California) tore through this ridge, which has lots of radio vaults at the top.

• Wow
Reactions: DaveBonnot
Also, you can use Dronelink that is very good. Litchi and Dronelink are my favorites.

Hi @zeusfl :

Does Dronelink run the "missions" real-time? That is, what would happen if the aircraft got out of range from the RC? What would the drone do? Would it return to home, or would it complete the mission?

Litchi will complete the mission, even if you power off the RC once the mission has been uploaded and it has started.

Yes is real-time. You can set the behavior in the settings. Yes if a lost link can return home automatically just like DJI apps.
Same with Litchi. Litchi allows you to continue the mission even if you lost connectivity and once finish will return to home if you want. You can also set to cancel the mission and return home. Another option is to hover what I don't like. The drone will return home just when the battery is low.

The only moment I see that option valuable is if you are making a mission indoors or under trees. You don't want the drone to return home because will gain altitude probably to doit and will hit something, otherwise RTH is the best option.

I forget to mention. The only catch with these apps is that you need to have Internet connectivity in order to log in and load the missions. I use my cell phone as hotspot and share it with the smart controller. I have LTE on my iPad.

Not sure what a Solo Drone is, but DJI Go4 does have a waypoint feature (I've never used it). I use Litchi to program waypoint missions online with my browser, and they automatically show up in my phone and ipad that I connect to my remote control. I execute the waypoint mission to do exactly what you are talking about. Litchi costs around $25 US, but it is well worth it as an app. It has some other features that DJIGo4 does not. See Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark

I think you have to have a Litchi account to create missions, which is included when you buy the app.
Can you run Litchi on an iPhone 6?

Can you run Litchi on an iPhone 6?
Sorry, I can't answer that. I don't have an iPhone 6. I do have a Samsung Galaxy S6 (which I think it comparable) and it works fine on that. I would just download Litchi and install it on your iPhone 6, and try it. I'm pretty sure that if it doesn't work, they will refund your money. But you have to uninstall it the same day.

This is nice. I'm going to purchase it for my Mavic Air. I also do R/C boats and cars at Hansen Dam.

Dan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98