DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick shots in DLog M or 24fps? Or anything other than default

Flyguy95r

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround to shoot quick shots in anything other than what seems to be the default “normal” color profile at 30fps? The one saving grace is that at least they’re shot in a user defined locked iso and shutter speed (the Mavic 1 actually forced the camera into auto mode so it would adjust your iso and shutter during filming)

I know that the quick shots are utilizing the active track function behind the scenes as it’s way to track but I have no information regarding active tracks definitive necessity to film in 30fps to function properly. Or the “normal” color profile for that matter.

Yes of course all quick shots can be done manually in DLog M at 24fps however:
I film weddings, music videos, and corporate videos so being able to have repeatable results on a tight schedule with the quick shots (and be able to have a lot of latitude to color grade would be amazing)

They are "Quick" because the processing is done on board. H.265 for d-log can't be done on board. As many have discovered not even some late model robust PCs can handle it well.

They are "Quick" because the processing is done on board. H.265 for d-log can't be done on board. As many have discovered not even some late model robust PCs can handle it well.

And your explanation for the other drones (air, Mavic 1 etc) which aren’t shooting in H.265 not being able to alter their quickshot settings would be?

They are "quick" becasue they're meant to be a one-click "ready to post to social media" thing, so it uses settings appropriate for that. There's no intention from DJI for them to be used for "serious" uses.

They are "quick" becasue they're meant to be a one-click "ready to post to social media" thing, so it uses settings appropriate for that. There's no intention from DJI for them to be used for "serious" uses.

There’s a glitch that allows you do shoot in DLog M at 6400 ISO by tricking the app from “normal” back into DLog, what I’m really looking for is if someone has found something similar for changing the quickshots framerate. What quickshots are intended for Is conjecture that I’m not really asking about.

After doing some more experiments yesterday, you can in fact shoot Manual settings in active track (DLog M in H.265, ISO 100, 24fps, shutter 1/50th, aperture F4)

If nothing else it means that the workaround to not having manual camera settings in quickshots could be utilizing active track to partially assist in quick shot-esque type shots: orbits, helixes, dronies etc flown manually but with the camera perfectly locked onto the subject via Active track. BUT having full manual settings on the camera.
This would be getting closer to the dual piloting system of the Inspire 2 that I’ve been trying to leverage out of the Mavic via its software by either having the craft assist in flight while I compose the shot or vice versa.

ALSO: An unexpected byproduct to all of this is that you can put the drone into full “safe” mode utilizing obstacle avoidance sensors from all sides (only available in active track and tropid mode) while doing this in active track.

After doing some more experiments yesterday, you can in fact shoot Manual settings in active track (DLog M in H.265, ISO 100, 24fps, shutter 1/50th, aperture F4)

If nothing else it means that the workaround to not having manual camera settings in quickshots could be utilizing active track to partially assist in quick shot-esque type shots: orbits, helixes, dronies etc flown manually but with the camera perfectly locked onto the subject via Active track. BUT having full manual settings on the camera.
This would be getting closer to the dual piloting system of the Inspire 2 that I’ve been trying to leverage out of the Mavic via its software by either having the craft assist in flight while I compose the shot or vice versa.

ALSO: An unexpected byproduct to all of this is that you can put the drone into full “safe” mode utilizing obstacle avoidance sensors from all sides (only available in active track and tropid mode) while doing this in active track.

Not sure what you are driving at. Active track is not a "Quick shot" and H.265 will still require post.

Understood. I mostly care for the quickshot for the move the drone does, don't care about the processing.

I like the dronie effect that zooms up and out. Great for my work. Very hard to do manually with the sticks.

It's a shame that DJI restricts these movements to quick shot. I shoot exclusive in dlogm.

The POI circle mode allows dlog. If they can do it with that automation, I don't see why they can't do the rest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507