DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshot mode does not find subject anymore

ludotalk

Reactions
In Quickshot mode my Mavic Mini does not recognize/find subjects to lock anymore.
No green (+) signs are proposed, and green selected rectangle does not trigger the Start option. What is going on !??
I have latest firmware on Mini and Android 6 (Xiaomi Redmi 3s).
I tried everything : Dronie, Rocket, Helix, 1 meter from me, 5 meters, 1m heigh and more, P mode, C mode, perfect weather and lightning conditions, no warning on aircraft, SD card ok, GPS, 1080p, 2.7k, etc.
Only time the drone offers a lock on me that allows Quickshot is after exiting several times the Quickshot mode, and entering the Album view. Strange.

In Quickshot mode my Mavic Mini does not recognize/find subjects to lock anymore.
No green (+) signs are proposed, and green selected rectangle does not trigger the Start option. What is going on !??
I have latest firmware on Mini and Android 6 (Xiaomi Redmi 3s).
I tried everything : Dronie, Rocket, Helix, 1 meter from me, 5 meters, 1m heigh and more, P mode, C mode, perfect weather and lightning conditions, no warning on aircraft, SD card ok, GPS, 1080p, 2.7k, etc.
Only time the drone offers a lock on me that allows Quickshot is after exiting several times the Quickshot mode, and entering the Album view. Strange.
Are you too low? The manual says "take off & hover at least 6.6" (2m) above the ground.

Nop, I tried several heights.
2m, 5m, etc. Also several distances.
Still no success [emoji3525]

Same exact issue here.
Brand new Mini, latest firmware (updated yesterday) and Fly app running on a Samsung Note 5.
I can go into Quickshot mode and see the 4 options, but no "+" icon appears and the target rectangle (that can be drawn by dragging the finger diagonally on the screen) does not stick.

Any new insights about this would be greatly appreciated!

***Update***
I can now confirm that this issue is device dependent.
It is the device CPU that does the object locking and feedback data to the drone to perform the Quickshot.
Older devices (limited on RAM and CPU clock speed) or devices that may not have all of the Java libraries that the Fly App passes on will simply fail to perform the computations required.

I now use a controller phone that is in DJI's compatibility list and everything works like a charm.

Last edited:
Same exact issue here.
Brand new Mini, latest firmware (updated yesterday) and Fly app running on a Samsung Note 5.
I can go into Quickshot mode and see the 4 options, but no "+" icon appears and the target rectangle (that can be drawn by dragging the finger diagonally on the screen) does not stick.

Any new insights about this would be greatly appreciated!

***Update***
I can now confirm that this issue is device dependent.
It is the device CPU that does the object locking and feedback data to the drone to perform the Quickshot.
Older devices (limited on RAM and CPU clock speed) or devices that may not have all of the Java libraries that the Fly App passes on will simply fail to perform the computations required.

I now use a controller phone that is in DJI's compatibility list and everything works like a charm.
I agree this is related to low performance devices.
But then, why would the tracking feature become ok after going to and exiting the media library while in quick shot mode?? (Little triangle icon).
There should be no software workaround if the problem is hardware related. [emoji848]

I have the same issue with the mini 2, it works one or two times and then I lose the + on targets and the highlight option just goes after I draw one the screen with it, the only way I have managed to fix it is by turning the drone off and back on again but then get the same problem again after a few ttys, also it loses the target 80 percent of the time, some improvements need to be made here it's not good DJI!

I agree this is related to low performance devices.
But then, why would the tracking feature become ok after going to and exiting the media library while in quick shot mode?? (Little triangle icon).
There should be no software workaround if the problem is hardware related. [emoji848]
It sounds like it might be a software bug, but one that's only triggered if the device is too slow or it runs out of memory. Even on a slow device, I would expect to see the "+" sign and at least an attempt to draw the rectangle if the only problem was CPU speed, so maybe memory is the more likely culprit. Perhaps the tracking software just gives up in that case, which might be the only thing it can do, but it shouldn't do that silently.

Firstly I would like to say that I am VERY new to this. Possibly two hours of flight time at most.

I have a new mini 2 connected to a new Samsung S22 Ultra 512GB all updates have been performed on the drone and device.

I do not get lock on. I draw the outline and then it disappears. It briefly says, "Tap + 80ft" then that disappears as well.

It worked briefly then cut out.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Only my second time out with my mini 2 and first time using the quickshots. The first three attempts worked but then when I went up a small hill it failed to recognise the subject even though a green highlighted box was marked out. It seems I am not alone. Help needed urgently.

This is a problem with the newest DJI Fly app.
Hope they fix this soon.

I have had no success at all with quickshots on my mini 2.
Using Huawie mate 20, which surely is capable?
Green box disappears a few secs after drawing (no + sign)
So, is this a flyapp issue?

Same issue. However mine worked the first two times then wouldn't. I contracted Mavic Services but they failed to reply. I feel like demanding my money back.

Unbelievable! Took it out today and quickshots worked. However, there is an update to the flyapp which I've yet to do. It seems to be aimed at the mini 3 but could contain other useful things. Is there any way of finding what's actually in it for the mini 2?

After uninstallling go4 and fly. Then reinstall fly. Hey presto mine works....
For a bit!
3 or 4 goes and it starts giving me subject lost.
Re-start phone and it works again.
It seems a bit temperamental, tbh.

I have a Mini2 and a Huawei P20 Pro. Done all the updates both on my phone and on the drone. Same issues as above, very sporadic and hardly ever works. Tried filters and changing the ISO settings thinking it may be to do with the amount of light, therefore cannot detect the target, unfortunately still no luck

Very disappointed as I wanted to do a boomerang shot, I was on a beach in Rhodes getting married, absolutely gutted I couldn't get the shot revealing our location.

Seems it's not specific to the mini 1, is this an issue on all dji drones?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada