Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

R/C charging time?

Ed Duda

Reactions
Just received my MPP yesterday morning and immediately started setting it up (naturally). The R/C showed only about 2% charge out of the box and took better than six hours to get past 50% so that I could even initialize the drone. Battery dropped to about 45% just updating the firmware and calibrating the drone. I left it on charge overnight and now it shows 100%; bot I thought I read that the R/C should charge in approximately two hours.

What are others seeing in R/C charge times?

Thwyllo

Reactions
Something wrong, 2-3 hours is the norm. I'd try discharging and recharging it a couple of times and see if there's any change to the charging time; if not, send it back for replacement.

Kilrah

Solutions
Reactions
It's common for it not to charge well if the USB cable or charger isn't in good condition.

Ed Duda

Reactions
I was using a stock USB micro cord in my rush to get going. I will see what happens using the provided cord, as the plugs appear to be slightly different.

Kilrah

Solutions
Reactions
This is new out of the box though. It's worth trying a new cable of course but the root cause is moot. If in doubt, fire it back.
He did not say he used the original cable and charger though - I know I did not the first time I charged mine, I grabbed a random charger and cable I had laying around and... saw the same thing as him.
Many cables have high resistance, and many USB chargers have voltage that sags too much.

pilifida

Reactions
i have exactly the same problem. I received the Pro yesterday and it took a lot of time to charge. I didn't use the original charger as i could only see a cable. So the situation should improve if i use the original cable (couldn't see any charger) or i cycle it a bit?
Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mini SE - $299
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $649
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads