DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radio tracking devices?

Thwyllo

Reactions
I live in a very rural area of SW France, close to the Pyrenees, and phone signal is ropey at the best of times - find yourself a dip or a forest (like your drone will!) and that's the end of that, so a Trackimo would be all but useless. I'm about to start looking but has anyone found a lightweight radio tracking device that could be used instead? It's for a Mavic Air so theoretically shouldn't interfere with radio control since it doesn't have it, although I'm still waiting for someone explain just what it IS, since it isn't pure wireless is it. Is it?

Reactions: Joan Valls Moreno
Last edited:
On the surface this sounds like it would work quite well provided of course their claims are true AND you have good GPS signal. If you attached this to your device, and were flying it in a deep canyon or under a heavy tree cover, your GPS signal may be very poor or non existent.
If your device goes down somewhere out of sight, even in an otherwise strong GPS signal location, but it ended up upside down, then you may have no signal at all because the device is blocking the path to the GPS signal.
All in all though, I would guess for most drone flyers these concerns may never materialize at all.
Get one and let us know how it works.
:)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000