DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random fact: Props spin at 12,000 RPM at hover.

Was never sure or looked for the RPM of the props... I am sure its spec'ed somewhere.. course already found out with my Spark that a finger in the way causes blood... The prop was not injured..

Reactions: RobertR
If you use the software CsvView and open a .DAT flightlog with it, the motor RPM's are the normally one of the visible entries in the 'menu'.

Check again when hovering in winds. Rear motors will crank up with every gust. There is a built in tach but only readable in the logs. Shame

No I actually just found it mentioned by a DJI support rep in the DJI support forum.
LOL so really we have no idea if that’s true or not. At some point I had heard that 15,000 was the maximum rpm. But who knows
But I’ve heard a lot of things the DJI reps said on the forum that really had no basis in fact.
Also it’s not the RPMs it’s the torque behind it that cuts to you.

LOL so really we have no idea if that’s true or not. At some point I had heard that 15,000 was the maximum rpm. But who knows
But I’ve heard a lot of things the DJI reps said on the forum that really had no basis in fact.
Also it’s not the RPMs it’s the torque behind it that cuts to you.

Why’s everybody gotta be so argumentative on this forum. Just an interesting little “factoid” that I thought was sort of interesting . Imagining that the props spin 200 complete times in a second...

LOL so really we have no idea if that’s true or not.

Huh? I said that this is a claim from DJI themselves. I suppose that it could be wrong, but I don’t know what more authoritative source is possible,..

Why’s everybody gotta be so argumentative on this forum. Just an interesting little “factoid” that I thought was sort of interesting . Imagining that the props spin 200 complete times in a second...

Huh? I said that this is a claim from DJI themselves. I suppose that it could be wrong, but I don’t know what more authoritative source is possible,..
Sorry I wasn’t really trying to be argumentative.
Just was having fun with the topic.
Having said that your point is valid it is an argumentative forum.
Point of fact DJI reps on the forum are not the same as the engineering staff And Have been known to say all kinds of crazy stuff.

Just a heads up so you don’t take what they say as gospel

sorry Sven I really am not being argumentative, clarifying facts though I think is a warranted comment. It’s nothing to take to heart. I like your post but I did ask myself where the information came from so we know it’s accurate.

It would be around that mark I would imagine. I race RC cars and on our logs our motors get up to 30,000rpm down the straights and they are bigger

I do have to add though, there are some pretty ****** comments I have seen around the place in my short time.
I mean who comes on a post like this and adds to the discussion by starting with “who cares” post #5, that’s the type of comments that turn me off. If the thread doesn’t interest you move on FFS.

sorry Sven I really am not being argumentative, clarifying facts though I think is a warranted comment. It’s nothing to take to heart. I like your post but I did ask myself where the information came from so we know it’s accurate.

It would be around that mark I would imagine. I race RC cars and on our logs our motors get up to 30,000rpm down the straights and they are bigger

I do have to add though, there are some pretty ****** comments I have seen around the place in my short time.
I mean who comes on a post like this and adds to the discussion by starting with “who cares” post #5, that’s the type of comments that turn me off. If the thread doesn’t interest you move on FFS.

I saw that one as well and didn’t even want to respond to that.

Reactions: volition

Ok, cleaned up the unnecessary comment made. If you have issues with anyone’s reply’s, then contact a moderator or report to the forum staff and we will address those issues if and when needed.
Thanks, carry on.....

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adha