DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random Unexplained JPG on SD card

i bet if you posted this on reddit and claimed a hidden safe behind the wall, it would be solved in hours. seriously though, thats odd. Where did you get the 64gb card? its on that right? Maybe a prior owner returned to best buy or something. That red/pink glow is obviously aliens too.

Zero co-ords eh? The plot thickens :)

Which folder path was the image in?

Aaannnndddd...

The red glow on either side of the white paintwork is a reflection of the red lights on the front of the Mavic, right?

Gulf of Guinea, just off the western coast of Africa - OMG

The date though is what in computer terms is known as the Epoch - Apparently time didnt exist prior to 1st Jan 1970

All time after midnight on that date is stored/counted in seconds from that date/time Epoch Converter - Unix Timestamp Converter

For those not old enough to remember that was the fix for the millennium bug!

at first I read the post title and thought Chica chica bow wow
Now Im thinking
80-what1_9c22eaefe28f5cfe35bef4f2413dc74dc007db2f.gif

Now if this is one of those secret squirrel mode's for mavic pro
I want in.!
..............C

if it truly wasnt you taking the photo by accident or for whatever reason, then its definitely a repackaged mavic, There are several post here of "brand new" mavic with scratches and marks on it right out of the box. DJI are known to send refurbished units with the refresh warranty claims.

I'd not rule out a previous owner, there is an onboard SD card stores various data, or maybe it was buffered elsewhere and never got written to the card until now when it somehow got flushed by more data?.
It seems odd the exif data doesn't reveal more yet is not entirely missing by the look of it.
Why is the version here in.png format?

Have you tried asking on DJI's forum? Maybe their admins can shine some light...

Unlikely as it seems, someone must have borrowed your Mavic and made the photo. I had this happen on my film camera years ago. Someone took several snaps of a blue jay running loose in my kitchen. Discovered them when I got the film developed. Never figured out who did it.

Reactions: jdcntulsa
The filename format is wrong for it having being created by the Mavic, right?

All my photos start "DJI_0001.JPG"

This one is "IMG_0509.PNG"

Which is an Apple naming convention? (and format)

In the file data shown in an earlier post, it states DJI_0124.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229