DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random Unexplained JPG on SD card

Srcrain

Reactions
I just pulled the SD card from my Mavic and I have one .jpg picture that I never took. It is an indoor picture of a room that I have never seen. I know the Mavic sometimes takes random pictures, but this is literally a place I have never been. The file details are 12/31/2097 at 11:00pm.

Here is the picture.

upload_2017-7-24_13-13-20.png

This is really weird! Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone have any explanation what this could be or how it could happen?

Reactions: BigEegit
I usually take an inadvertent picture by accidentally hitting the front button on my RC, but I typically recognize what's captured in the image.

Hmm, maybe that's where you'll be in 2097? :)

Seriously though, that's weird. With it being on the floor, and 2 red glows, I could see how it could be from a drone...maybe someone borrowed it? Who knows...
I clear my SD after almost every flying session, and this wasn't there on Friday. Didn't fly this weekend, so it happened sometime over the past few days. I haven't loaned the Mavic to anyone. It has been in my backpack or on the dining room table the whole time.

I sometimes inadvertently snap a picture too, but this is unlike anywhere in my house so it couldn't possibly have come from there.

If this was April Fool's Day I would say DJI is playing a joke on me.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Here is something else interesting. I got it wrong. The date modified was 12/31/2097, but it was taken 1/1/1970. See below.

upload_2017-7-24_13-42-17.png

upload_2017-7-24_13-41-53.png

Reactions: Bob.hewit
You got a repackaged bird with someone else's card still in it.
I am original owner, SD card was upgraded to 64GB, so not the one that came with the Mavic. Mavic has never been sent in for repairs, etc.

To add to the weirdness, the front red LED's are supposed to go out when a pic is taken, and they appear to be on.

I wouldn't be too worried, the DJI drone compliance dept was probably remotely connected to your camera and inadvertently downloaded a pic from another drone they were connected to. ;)

What are the lat/long co-ordinates in the metadata mate? That'll help you identify the location :)

That's very strange. I know sometimes I have images time stamped 1951 when I use litchi. But I normally know I'm taking them.

Gulf of Guinea, just off the western coast of Africa - OMG

The date though is what in computer terms is known as the Epoch - Apparently time didnt exist prior to 1st Jan 1970

All time after midnight on that date is stored/counted in seconds from that date/time Epoch Converter - Unix Timestamp Converter

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78