DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range hacks wifi

worthious

Reactions
DJIFLY app appears to pick the best frequency and channel automatically. Litchi app appears a manual choice and defaults at 2.4G.
First...I would like to understand more about how to optimize my range (2se), with or without attachments and understand the limitations ( yeah obvious trees buildings). On the litchi app 2.4G, I was losing video over Open water at 1700 ft distance.
Secondly how to optimizer or work around those situations with best practices, there is an occasional tree in my vlos flight and I don't need it to abort and come home.
Also are there other communication standards that are better?

I have spent a considerable amount of time and money testing different products to extend the range of my mavic mini 2. Hopefully you find this usefull and not spend the money i did. I also have a tree problem around my neighborhood. I have tried the following.

2, 2.4 ghz sunhans 3 watt amplifiers. $160
2, 5.8 ghz sunhans amps. $160
2 dual band sunhans 2 watt amplifiers. $200
2, dual band 4 watt generic amps from Aliexpress or Alibaba. $90
The alientech duo 2 antenna with integrated amps. $500!!!!
Alpha dual band directional antennas $45

I tested all of them the same day on the same flight path and the same altitude. Rather than go into each individual result i will get to the end.

The generic 4 watt amps for $90, for both not each, did a much better job than even the $500 Alientech powered antenna. I doubled my range from 1.4 to 3 miles even with the trees. The alientech looks nice but it did not do any better than the first few options and the 4 watt amps could have kept going but i was a bit nervous not having tried them previously.

I only bought the alientech cause the owner of convert drones swore it was the best and i would never need another antenna again. The sunhans guy told me the same.

There is so much confusion out there i had to try them all. I just whish i knew the cheaper solution was gonna be the best😥. You will have to mod the remote but it is easy. I used the alientech quick change connectors with sma adapters.

i hope this saves u a bit of cash and that way I wont feel so bad about what i spent.

If you want info on the 4 watt amps just let me know and i can dig up the info for you. Best of luck

I have spent a considerable amount of time and money testing different products to extend the range of my mavic mini 2. Hopefully you find this usefull and not spend the money i did. I also have a tree problem around my neighborhood. I have tried the following.

2, 2.4 ghz sunhans 3 watt amplifiers. $160
2, 5.8 ghz sunhans amps. $160
2 dual band sunhans 2 watt amplifiers. $200
2, dual band 4 watt generic amps from Aliexpress or Alibaba. $90
The alientech duo 2 antenna with integrated amps. $500!!!!
Alpha dual band directional antennas $45

I tested all of them the same day on the same flight path and the same altitude. Rather than go into each individual result i will get to the end.

The generic 4 watt amps for $90, for both not each, did a much better job than even the $500 Alientech powered antenna. I doubled my range from 1.4 to 3 miles even with the trees. The alientech looks nice but it did not do any better than the first few options and the 4 watt amps could have kept going but i was a bit nervous not having tried them previously.

I only bought the alientech cause the owner of convert drones swore it was the best and i would never need another antenna again. The sunhans guy told me the same.

There is so much confusion out there i had to try them all. I just whish i knew the cheaper solution was gonna be the best😥. You will have to mod the remote but it is easy. I used the alientech quick change connectors with sma adapters.

i hope this saves u a bit of cash and that way I wont feel so bad about what i spent.

If you want info on the 4 watt amps just let me know and i can dig up the info for you. Best of luck
Where can I purchase the 4watts system

Where can I purchase the 4watts system
Just looked it up and here is what you will need.

4 watt amps

Alpha dual band antenna

Alfa APA-M25 Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain Directional Indoor Panel Antenna with RP-SMA Connector (Compare to Asus WL-ANT-157) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1PA9EO/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_CJQCCTWJ20E2RMH8D1Z5

Alientech quick connect kit

The quick release qma to sma connectors are about 10 bucks each. I would use the bracket from the kit and use the regular sma or rpsma connectors.

Good luck

4 watt amps

Alpha dual band antenna

Alfa APA-M25 Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain Directional Indoor Panel Antenna with RP-SMA Connector (Compare to Asus WL-ANT-157) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1PA9EO/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_CJQCCTWJ20E2RMH8D1Z5

The quick release qma to sma connectors are about 10 bucks each. I would use the bracket from the kit and use the regular sma or rpsma connectors.

Good luck
Here is a pick of my prototype. I am building a nice case to hide all the components. I also use a plain old 3s 1000mah battery to power them and that is more than enough and good for about 12 flights. Ugly but works awesome.PXL_20220421_234727312.jpg

Reactions: Faster

4 watt amps

Alpha dual band antenna

Good luck
Thank you for your effort and for sharing.. likely many who will benefit from your findings..

Thank you for your effort and for sharing.. likely many who will benefit from your findings..
I understand that is one amplifier and antenna is needed for each antenna on my controller. I'm assuming that each antenna has a separate function or as part of a group. If somebody knows please explain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redulus