DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range limit?

Pyrate

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Newbie here, getting some miles on thou, I have a M2P and I was flying yesterday and received a range warning on my controller. it was like 1480. it did not like me getting that far away. I am on a like an it is quite flat, I would think I could go a lot farther. is there a setting I can change

Newbie here, getting some miles on thou, I have a M2P and I was flying yesterday and received a range warning on my controller. it was like 1480. it did not like me getting that far away. I am on a like an it is quite flat, I would think I could go a lot farther. is there a setting I can change
You said it did not like you getting farther away. Did it Stop you from going farther or was it just the warning box that comes up.
If it stoped you then you can set it to go farther in app as posted
but I have mine set at 500m as far as you can set it and get a warning box come up at so many feet ( can’t remember at moment) but it does not stop me. Just warns.

I have flown my M2P over 14000 feet. or 4267.2 meters and back with out any problems and like Kilrah and dirkclod mentioned maybe check your settings.

You said it did not like you getting farther away. Did it Stop you from going farther or was it just the warning box that comes up.
If it stoped you then you can set it to go farther in app as posted
but I have mine set at 500m as far as you can set it and get a warning box come up at so many feet ( can’t remember at moment) but it does not stop me. Just warns.
yes, i just received a warning - Newbie still nervous - So I flew it back. One of my issues is I am down on the water- Everyone else is up a a hill- so I lose my signal on the back side of the houses.

The warning is just that and you should adhere to it but it does not stop you from going further .It will stay on till you get back then will go out.
Yes if you don’t stay in LOS you will lose signal.

Our trains are electric but have diesel powered generators .
No high voltage here ?

"One of my issues is I am down on the water" The issues you have.....tough life ;) Just giving you a hard time...happy flying. Up the max distance - I have had no issues with my mavic air over water - went a little over 1.5 miles and back.

Reactions: careless
First of all, check you distance settings. I set mine for unlimited, or whatever is the maximum. In actual usage, I try never to go beyond my visual line of sight. If you are just droning on and on, out of the VLOS, it is boring footage most of the time. I get very tired of watching someone follow a river valley forever.

When you go very far out that clearly is BVLOS, app will banner you a warning. Doesn't affect flight though, just annoying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54