DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range UK

Rocco

Reactions
I’m in the U.K. with a mavic 2 zoom. I’ve updated it to the latest software in 2020. Does the range increase in the U.K. or only in America and other countries without CE drones ? Never been able to get past 550m in the U.K.

Suppose the best answer to your question is get it in the air and see

.... Never been able to get past 550m in the U.K.

Either there is some problem with your drone or you have been flying in really high interference environments. The range of my M2P with the older version of firmware ( .510 ) in CE mode is :

5.8 GHz : the first weak signal warning came up at 2990 m, disconnection occurred at 5950 m

1596014688756.png

1596014840915.png

2.4 GHz : at 6745 m out, I still got 3 signal bars ( 5 is full ). had to return due to battery.

1596014665541.png

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Range was increased in Germany too. Question: Did you never try to fly more than 550m away or did you get a message "max flight distance reached" when trying to? In case of the latter you can change the maximum flight distance for example when starting up the remote controler on the first "check" screen...

According to UK CAA regulations you cannot fly a drone more than 500M away (horizontally), it's always supposed to be in Visual Line of Sight.

You can probably override that somehow, it will also prevent you from going above 400ft (above ground) for the same reason.

Kind of sucks but it is safety, also less chance of losing the drone.

CAA UK regs do state that 500m is the limit or VLoS. however you can go further with a ' spotter ' who has contact with you and can add another 500m to the original.

Logistically i guess you could go further if you had enough people to ' spot ' the UAv and be in contact with you at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix