DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rare Footage of Bird Crashing Into Flight Instructor's Cockpit

How in the world have I missed this thread and this video? LOL!

Great share dirk :) I still can't believe it's been here a year :)
Not hard to miss stuff as much as we have to look at. :)

then there is an "aircaft strike". This was a big day ill always remember. The camera man just happened to be in the back of one of the birds doing a story for the ABC. Roulette 4 that caused the accident by coming out of loop and colliding with Roulette 1, had to eject and was lucky not to be injured. Roulette 1 was piloted by a fella that already had 2 ejections from Mirage jets under his belt, and due to his back being buggered already, decided to bring his bird in. His aircraft had nose undercarriage torn out, canopy smashed and a football size hole in one wing. He managed to land on his belly and after sliding halfway down the strip in a shower of sparks finished with each tiptank about 10mm from touching the ground. Due to wing damage, he had no flaps and couldnt come in slow for fear of stalling. An amazing effort. When we picked the craft up, we discovered that the aircraft and shaved of so much from underneath and that the 2 main Oxygen tanks had just started to make contact with the tarmac. Another few feet of slidingwould have resulted in very different end. Despite such a great landing, pilot was reprimanded for not ejecting and promoted to a desk job. He kept his flying skill sharp in his privatly owned P51, and ended up as chief pilot for Cathay Pacific.

haha and now ive started, my students will be spending the day hearing old RAAF stories. Ahh the good ol days

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas B and Simmo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM