DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rattling sound/vibration when hovering

jvi10

Reactions
Hi everyone,

About a month ago I purchased my MPP. I've got about 5 and a half hours and 83km of flight.

Anyways today before I flew off I was doing my usual preflight checks, the last of which involves hovering the craft about a metre off the ground and making sure all the propellers are even, listening for strange sounds etc., when I noticed a (pretty loud) rattling sound coming from the drone. This was with no wind or anything like that. I landed, checked again the props were mounted properly, rebooted the drone, and hovered again, but could still hear the rattling.
When I held the drone from either of its front arms, the rattling sound stopped while it continued to hover normally. Letting go of the front arms caused the rattling to start again, so I think its the front arms or something nearby vibrating excessively. It's a bit unsettling.

I'm not sure if this just started happening or if its always been like that and I just haven't noticed it before.
Is this something to be concerned about? Everything else seemed normal and it flew perfectly fine. Does anyone else notice this sound coming from their craft?
I'll try to attach an audio recording when I get a chance if that would be of any use.

Thanks

three things i could think of faulty motor bearing loose motor mount screws or a damaged prop causing it to vibrate have you had a hard landing at all

three things i could think of faulty motor bearing loose motor mount screws or a damaged prop causing it to vibrate have you had a hard landing at all
Nah have never crashed, and always let the drone do its automatic landing which is fairly gentle. I do descend at full speed though. What should I check to make sure is all tightened properly?

Nah have never crashed, and always let the drone do its automatic landing which is fairly gentle. I do descend at full speed though. What should I check to make sure is all tightened properly?
you can carefully undo the front legs be gentle they contain the arials then you should be able to see the motor screws underneath just check if they are tight they should have thread lock on them if you do find any are loose put some fresh thread lock on before you tighten them up there are plenty of videos out there to show you how to do this good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d