DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RAW images not working since update v.0800

Looking forward to a few more people checking, post update...

That's interesting, as I read on the DJI forum that somebody was still having the black square RAW issue after the update.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else is finding this has/hasn't resolved the issue!

I've had the DNG black image display issue since the .800 upgrade. When attempting to open the DNG file with OS X Preview or Photos they display black. If I open them with LR6 they display correctly. The .1000 upgrade did not fix the issue. I've tried reseting and reinstalling the .1000 upgrade and it did not fix the issue. DJI requested I send the Mavic to them for repair and the replacement unit did not fix the issue.

The only other thing that works for me is to use the Adobe DNG converter and select Compatibility: Camera Raw 4.6 or later. The converted file then displays in Preview and Photos. Choosing compatibility 4.1 or 2.4 also work. Compatibility 5.4, 6.6 or 7.1 don't work.

Prior to .800 upgrade the camera firmware was v02.06.484. After the .800 upgrade the camera firmware is v02.07.499. Seems to me this is an issue with the DJI camera firmware and the DNG format OS X recognizes.

Good to see I’m not the ONLY one experiencing this extremely frustrating issue. I’ve now gone out of my way to shoot epic shots twice now and decided to depend on shooting RAW to get the most out of the camera only to import into my Mac and see an unsupported file. This is completely unacceptable from DJI, DNG is the defacto standard from
adobe on RAW format and this shouldn’t be rocket science for their technical teams. At the moment they sell a RAW capable camera that doesn’t appear to work on Apple, who by the way is apparently a major partner of theirs. This needs more collective push to DJI, they need to step up and fix this so I can actually use the photo capabilities of my Mavic.

Reactions: Chris_L
In another forum somebody posted that this issue was not happening in Mac OS HIGH Sierra beta. The official release is on the 26th so not long to wait and see if the problem is fixed.

Reactions: AS4RONIN
Just upgraded to Mac OS X High Sierra. The DNG "black" issue is resolved.

Rant: DJI.. you had to know it was a compatibility issue between the DNG files output and the OS X Camera Raw converter. So..why did you run us around with Mavic resets, firmware reinstalls and worse yet..return our perfectly good Mavics for an exchange...

Just upgraded to Mac OS X High Sierra. The DNG "black" issue is resolved.

Rant: DJI.. you had to know it was a compatibility issue between the DNG files output and the OS X Camera Raw converter. So..why did you run us around with Mavic resets, firmware reinstalls and worse yet..return our perfectly good Mavics for an exchange...

Which Mavic version are you on? Any reason for me to upgrade from 0.0700?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom