DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Antenna positioning

selaxar

Reactions
Hi everybody. Have one simple question, what is the correct way to extend the antena on the RC? Is it as shown in Figure A or Figure B and why? Thanks in advance for your help.
A3.jpg

It depends on where the aircraft is currently located. You want the flat side of the antennas to point at the aircraft at all times.

1545606627250.png

Reactions: bushpil0t
Thanks msinger. I understand that "crossing" the antena will produce a "weak" zone but I can not tell if your "strong" diagram refers to the antena configuration shown in my Figure A or Figure B previous post. Is either configuration perform reliably the same with no signal degradation as long as the flat side of the antena is always facing the craft?

Thanks a lot. The reason I brought it up because I have seen too many u-tube videos and some of the posts on this site using either methods and wondered if it makes a difference. Thanks again.

Is either configuration perform reliably the same with no signal degradation as long as the flat side of the antena is always facing the craft?
You'll get the strongest possible signal when the flat sides of the antennas are pointed at the aircraft.

In most cases you will be holding the controller with the control sticks facing up.
So with the control sticks facing up you want your antennas in the figure "B" example.
But if you are holding your controller like your pictures were taken than figure "A" would be how you want your antennas.

You also might point the antennas out rather than up if it will mostly be above you rather than away from you.

Thanks msinger. I understand that "crossing" the antena will produce a "weak" zone but I can not tell if your "strong" diagram refers to the antena configuration shown in my Figure A or Figure B previous post. Is either configuration perform reliably the same with no signal degradation as long as the flat side of the antena is always facing the craft?

Your antennae should be perpendicular to your line of sight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast