DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC battery life/longevity

Smokey5159

Reactions
Guys,
I know there have been some posts that relate to Mavic Battery care, and at what voltage to leave them at. I was just curious about the controllers battery - I had believed that leaving them/it at around 50-60% capacity (like the flight batteries) whilst not flying was the best practice. It's just that the last couple of times I've been ready to charge and fly, I've found my controller's battery level at 20-ish percent. Is this normal, or do I have a dying RC battery? Or is it because the RC's battery is not a very intelligent one?

You left out the most important information! How long was it between the time when you left it at 50-60% and came back and found it at 20%? As you know the batteries naturally discharge over time due to the internal resistance of the cell.

Rob

The RC draws a little power even when off, someone in a thread recently characterised it, not sure of the number but maybe about 2-5% per week. So check level regularly when not using.

Well, I have noticed as well that my battery is draining faster compared to a couple of months ago.
Specially when connected the USB on the bottom of the controller.

Yep, sorry I didn't include that info. The reason I've put this up is because it's only been 3 days. Just now I checked it after leaving it at 55% - it was on 43%. Not totally happy with that level.
Thoughts?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78