DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-Controller Downloading App

jelarv

Reactions
I'm probably a complete idiot for asking this question, but I never use Android OS and have spent the past 45 minutes trying to install the Airdata UAV app on the new RC-Pro controller (I've had it on my Smart Controller for the past 18 months). After repeated dead ends, the best I can tell is the RC-Pro will not allow apps to be downloaded. I keep getting this message: "This Google account is not yet associated with a device. Please access the Play Store app on your device before installing apps." According to Google's help page this means the device isn't supported.

Any help is appreciated...thanks!

I somewhere read, that sideloading is intentionally not or not yet supported in this easy way, be it by Google or DJI.
Guess, you have to stick like many others in the queue and wait what DJI's up for (or not). Not high hopes though (and that with a controller for > 1k USD). Wow ...

Probably the same process will work as well. Instead to use that browser, use firefox.

I'm probably a complete idiot for asking this question, but I never use Android OS and have spent the past 45 minutes trying to install the Airdata UAV app on the new RC-Pro controller (I've had it on my Smart Controller for the past 18 months). After repeated dead ends, the best I can tell is the RC-Pro will not allow apps to be downloaded. I keep getting this message: "This Google account is not yet associated with a device. Please access the Play Store app on your device before installing apps." According to Google's help page this means the device isn't supported.

Any help is appreciated...thanks!
Have you tried this??

Thanks for everyone's help here. Following Airdata's process recommended by eran got it to work! Airdata may want to update their instructions because the RC-Pro ships with Firefox rather than the Lightning browser and the steps/displayed messages are a little different, but it eventually worked (you'll need to set Firefox to allow for downloads because it gave me an error that the default setting is to not allow for downloading of apps).

Thanks for everyone's help here. Following Airdata's process recommended by eran got it to work! Airdata may want to update their instructions because the RC-Pro ships with Firefox rather than the Lightning browser and the steps/displayed messages are a little different, but it eventually worked (you'll need to set Firefox to allow for downloads because it gave me an error that the default setting is to not allow for downloading of apps).
I'm glad it worked and thanks for letting us know! We are working on a new help article specifically for the RC-Pro based on your feedback.

I put Litchi on mine last night, just didn't feel right not seeing it on the home screen20211202_214906[1].jpg

We are working on a new help article specifically for the RC-Pro.
Thanks for your info. Wondering if the new help article is ready and if you could kindly post a link to the article. If not ready, when do you expect it to be ready. Thanks.

Hey Guys,
I was long able to install the AirData onto my RC Pro, but wondering if anyone has been able to install apps from the Google Play Store. I keep getting the same message as the OP.
I did notice Lasidora manage to install Litchi. was this a similar procedure to AirData or through the GooglePlayStore?
TIA guys and gals

Hey Guys,
I was long able to install the AirData onto my RC Pro, but wondering if anyone has been able to install apps from the Google Play Store. I keep getting the same message as the OP.
I did notice Lasidora manage to install Litchi. was this a similar procedure to AirData or through the GooglePlayStore?
TIA guys and gals

You do not need to install Airdata on the RC. Go to Airdata and link your DJI account with Airdata, then when you sync your RC with DJI the data will migrate to AirData.

There was a problem with truncated records when uploading automatically from the Fly app. Airdata was recommending to turn off Fly upload and use their app instead.

You do not need to install Airdata on the RC. Go to Airdata and link your DJI account with Airdata, then when you sync your RC with DJI the data will migrate to AirData.

Hey, thanks for your response.
Having AirData on my computer doesn’t help me when when I’m out flying and need a quick check of the weather, manned aircraft in the area.
Though what I’m really after is being able to install other apps from the the Google play store directly onto my RC Pro controller.

I put Litchi on mine last night, just didn't feel right not seeing it on the home screenView attachment 139464
I’m sorry for the stupid question. I also have my problems because the RC pro ist my first Android device ever: How can I move apps from the 2nd to the 1st / homescreen, like you did in this screenshot, @Lasidora ?

I can rearrange them and move them around on 2nd screen but not move them to the first.

I’m sorry for the stupid question. I also have my problems because the RC pro ist my first Android device ever: How can I move apps from the 2nd to the 1st / homescreen, like you did in this screenshot, @Lasidora ?

I can rearrange them and move them around on 2nd screen but not move them to the first.
Just hold your finger down on the app in the 2nd screen, and slide it to the side of the screen, and it'll jump to the 1st screen.

Reactions: calmar81
Just hold your finger down on the app in the 2nd screen, and slide it to the side of the screen, and it'll jump to the 1st screen.
I tried this multiple times because it works the same way on my iOS devices.

Maybe I’ll give it another try 🙈

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143