DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Controller Thoughts

Eagle Eye 62

Reactions
So I have been flying for a while now without sticks on my controllers and like it a lot. I have been thinking that the experience might be even better if instead of sticks having little nubs that screw into the controls would give just a bit more control without the excessive motion from the longer leverage from sticks.

Has anybody else tried anything like what I am suggesting?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
cant say i have myself ,but i think i will just stick to using the sticks myself

So I have been flying for a while now without sticks on my controllers and like it a lot. I have been thinking that the experience might be even better if instead of sticks having little nubs that screw into the controls would give just a bit more control without the excessive motion from the longer leverage from sticks.

Has anybody else tried anything like what I am suggesting?
20211222_094304.jpg

Have a look at post #38 on this thread:
I used 8-32 stainless steel screws, cut down to 3/8". I'm pleased with the better control for gentle movements during videos.

You should seriously try flying without them. It's a game changer for control and smoothness.
This is the first thing I am going to do with the RC pro controller is dump the sticks , This makes so much sense to me as the more surface area your thumb covers the smoother you will be. Good call

Funny thing is I asked about this feature awhile back and was told that you could not do it so I am looking forward to this transition. Maybe you cannot do it on the RC pro ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Fly with no Sticks.

Reactions: Eagle Eye 62
@Eagle Eye 62 the nice thing about this forum, is the fact that many differing opinions relating to our drones ,can and do ,get expressed in posts on a particular topic
if removing the sticks helps you to fly smoothly ,then thats great i respect your choice
so please respect my choice not to remove the sticks ,after over 5 years of drone flying i am able to get smooth video when flying and yawing ,by a combination of settings and stick control

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77