DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC disconnect, did not RTH. Good thing a tree stopped it...

Seems corrupted file. I can't get it to open.
Would you mind checking it or upload it again, please.
Edit Oh! sorry it's DJI who can only decrypt the 2 series
Seems that you have run into this several times now. This a tablet .DAT and isn't encrypted. But, quite often the tablet .DAT will have an invalid .DAT header. CsvView/DatCon needs to know you're willing to accept an invalid header.

1541883884847.png

This a tablet .DAT and isn't encrypted. But, quite often the tablet .DAT will have an invalid .DAT header. CsvView/DatCon needs to know you're willing to accept an invalid header.
I use a linux box to open the DAT and those are checked
The DAT was from a MP2 (this is the reason it won't open) and was led to believe they can't be decrypted?
Edit; Have you tried opening it?

I use a linux box to open the DAT and those are checked
The DAT was from a MP2 (this is the reason it won't open) and was led to believe they can't be decrypted?
Edit; Have you tried opening it?
It's just the .DAT from the Mavic 2 that's encrypted. The tablet .DAT is not encrypted. Here are the motorSpeeds and the GeoPlayer for the file 18-11-09-08-50-54_FLY046.DAT submitted in post #10. I thought this is the one you were referring to in post #13
1541885474762.png
1541885670808.png

The .DAT submitted in post #14 was created using the DJI Assistant 2 and contains the AC .DAT. That one will be encrypted.

Reactions: SpinItUp
@BudWalker didn't realise there were diff' DAT uploads.

I get this trying the DAT from #14

Screenshot_20181110_214942.png
?
Edit; ref: Post #13 I get
(10)/18-11-09-08-50-54_FLY046.DAT is not a valid .DAT file

I don't have the graph outputs that you and sar' get anyway, I just asked the OP to share them so you pair would do it.Thumbswayup

Last edited:
@BudWalker didn't realise there were diff' DAT uploads.

I get this trying the DAT from #14

View attachment 52964
?
The DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic has some different options that need to be chosen to get the Mavic 2 .DAT files included in the file created by the Assistant. I forgot exactly how it's done. But, it's not material since the Mavic 2 .DAT is encrypted.

To test the Mac/Linux version I use a shell on my Windows system and say
java -jar DatCon.3.6.3.jar
which works without any of the problems you guys are seeing. Must be a bug particular to the Mac and Linux systems.

Reactions: SpinItUp
@sar104 , @SpinItUp can you redirect standard out to null and see if that makes any difference?
java -jar DatCon.3.6.3.jar >/dev/null

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980