DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC disconnect

Mantra

Reactions
Mavic 15' in front of me maybe 10' high and disconnects from the radio it raises maybe 20" and goes home. It hovers over the landing pad with absolutely no control of the quad at all. I force close the app and reconnect and am able to land. If this happens right in front of me how can I have any confidence flying at all? By the way I have my return to home height set at 40 meters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blades and Georgio
Are you using an iPad 4 mini? Try using your iPad charging cable and plug one end into your iPad and the other end into the USB port on the bottom of the controller and see if it still disconnects.

The mavic has no love for Android devices. Big time Android fan but invested in an iPad mini 4.
If you use Android 6.0, you'll have a good experience. I have a Nexus 7 running a custom 6.0 rom and the app has only crashed a single time over the past 2 weeks. I simply closed and re-opened the app and was good to go within 15 secs. Hasn't happened since.

OP stated his controller disconnected, not his tablet (also evidenced by it initiating an RTH off the disconnect). We're getting off-topic on a rehash of the Android-vs-iOS debacle again.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
[

OP did your app crash and controller disconnect? Or did the app just crash?

The Controller disconnected the app did not crash. i had no control at all. Closed app and restarted to gain control. Frustrating. Using a 2013 nexus 7.

I had the same problem, it resulted in a crash. DJI replaced the drone. There's been more than a few of these incidents - I think you should open a case with DJI.

My replacement drone hasn't done it yet, FWIW.

Let's start from the beginning. How long have you owned the Mavic? How many flights on it? Did this ever happen before? Are you using the same device you always use?

Mavic 15' in front of me maybe 10' high and disconnects from the radio it raises maybe 20" and goes home.

You meant 20' right? Not 20"?

Are you facing your drone with the antennae up and 45°?

Sorry, yes 20'. I've had fifty flights with minimal issues. It disconnected from the radio and raised slightly and back to the landing pad. Hovered about 10' over the pad with not control at all. I closed the app and restarted and was able to gain control. I've used the same device. 2013 nexus 7

Well I just took it for another flight and the nexus completely froze up on me with the quad about .5 miles away. I hit return to home on the radio with no issues. I then flew it with my Note 4 on the same path and other than video latency it worked very well. I guess my only recourse to fly with confidence is for me to break down and but an Ipad Mini 4. By the way, I am not an Apple guy so this hurts pretty badly. Not just my pocketbook...Hahaha.

Reactions: Blades

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan