DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC display question

laxkraap

Reactions
Used search but couldnt find an answer to my question.
If using an old phone for your RC display, does it have to be an 'active' phone in order to work? (able to make calls?) Reason being, my phone is a S7 active. Really doesnr fit the arms of the RC very well. Too thick.

It doesn't need to be an activated phone. I use a couple of phones, one iOS and one Android, that are not activated - they both work fine (well actually one rather better than the other of course) other than being unable to access data directly via the cellular networks.

It doesn't need to be an activated phone. I use a couple of phones, one iOS and one Android, that are not activated - they both work fine (well actually one rather better than the other of course) other than being unable to access data directly via the cellular networks.
thanks sar104
dragnet fan?

you can use offline phone to fly with it (actually it's better since nobody disturbs you with calls or messages and nearby active cellular network may cause interference in some cases). just don't forget to download offline maps of desired location before you go - in default, maps are being downloaded on the go from mapbox so without internet connection or pre-downloaded maps you would have nothing.

you can use offline phone to fly with it (actually it's better since nobody disturbs you with calls or messages and nearby active cellular network may cause interference in some cases). just don't forget to download offline maps of desired location before you go - in default, maps are being downloaded on the go from mapbox so without internet connection or pre-downloaded maps you would have nothing.
good to know, thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman