DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC lost signal - crash in the mud

Are you quite sure that you saw all the lines? The reason for wanting to pin this down definitively is that it would be the first case that I've seen where the alternating electric field from a transmission line took out the aircraft electronics. Theoretically it doesn't surprise me, but it would be nice to know for certain.
I am absolutely sure. 1-2-3-4-5-6 and 7.

Are you quite sure that you saw all the lines? The reason for wanting to pin this down definitively is that it would be the first case that I've seen where the alternating electric field from a transmission line took out the aircraft electronics. Theoretically it doesn't surprise me, but it would be nice to know for certain.
This has been discussed in a compass thread, and you assured everyone that high voltage AC powerlines are not a worry. I wonder if there wasnt a little skin effect around those wires that "stunned" the drone as it passed by.
That was VERY close. If it didnt hit the wires.

as a worse case scenario,you may be able to get a user here called thunderdrone to buy your muddy mavic,and put that money towards a mavic only since you already have a rc

This has been discussed in a compass thread, and you assured everyone that high voltage AC powerlines are not a worry. I wonder if there wasnt a little skin effect around those wires that "stunned" the drone as it passed by.
That was VERY close. If it didnt hit the wires.

If you are referring to the thread that I think you are, the discussion was about whether the magnetic field from the transmission lines could affect the compass. If so, that's a different issue. There were no recorded compass effects here.

In that video the nearest visible line is well below the aircraft - much more than a few inches. That's why I doubt that explanation - I would have expected to see some kind of sensor data response to an electric field strong enough to affect the FC well before it could crash the FC. Personally I think it most likely hit the high ground line as suggested above.

I agree too. The abrupt stop on the video did not lead me to believe it was an electrical interference. But looked more like what we see with bird strikes and other collisions.

I agree too. The abrupt stop on the video did not lead me to believe it was an electrical interference. But looked more like what we see with bird strikes and other collisions.

If the collision dislodged the battery for example. The DAT file would probably show evidence of that, but without being able to power up the aircraft it's going to be difficult to retrieve.

If the collision dislodged the battery for example. The DAT file would probably show evidence of that, but without being able to power up the aircraft it's going to be difficult to retrieve.
The Chinese use drones equipped with miniature flame throwers to burn debre off power lines so I’m thinking the lines, if not directly contacted.

It would be an assumption that all the lines were on the exact elivation.

It has probably been mentioned but flight data can be retrieved from go4 app and Uploaded to airdata for some really detailed stats on your flights.

Not sure what a collision looks like on the data. On airdata there are several categories from which to choose, one being notifications. One of my flights today that I purposely let my battery run down to where on one cell had 8% remaining at a good distance from home. The last reading I received was that I was 18 feet off the ground but I know that to be false since my last know altitude before losing connection was 1 meter AGL and in landing mode. That being said, you mayormay not be able to unravel your crash via your controller.

The Chinese use drones equipped with miniature flame throwers to burn debre off power lines so I’m thinking the lines, if not directly contacted.

It would be an assumption that all the lines were on the exact elivation.

It has probably been mentioned but flight data can be retrieved from go4 app and Uploaded to airdata for some really detailed stats on your flights.

Not sure what a collision looks like on the data. On airdata there are several categories from which to choose, one being notifications. One of my flights today that I purposely let my battery run down to where on one cell had 8% remaining at a good distance from home. The last reading I received was that I was 18 feet off the ground but I know that to be false since my last know altitude before losing connection was 1 meter AGL and in landing mode. That being said, you mayormay not be able to unravel your crash via your controller.

The transmission lines are not all at the same elevation. There is a top ground line and then two sets of three either side, at different heights.

The device flight log has already been posted and analyzed.

A collision may or may not be recorded on the device log, depending on whether it results in a power disconnect - if it does then it won't be recorded. It will be recorded on the aircraft DAT file, but in this case it's likely not retrievable since the aircraft will not power up.

Reactions: Mavic 57 and rfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear