DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connected to mobile device

G Randy Brown

Reactions
Ordinarily I start the drone and then the RC and then DJI Fly opens up by itself and is connected.
The last 3 times I've done this Fly doesn't open so I manually open and after clicking on connect aircraft I get "RC not connected to mobile device".
Any idea as to what I should try next?
Thanks,
Randy

Ordinarily I start the drone and then the RC and then DJI Fly opens up by itself and is connected.
The last 3 times I've done this Fly doesn't open so I manually open and after clicking on connect aircraft I get "RC not connected to mobile device".
Thanks,
Randy

Im using the Iphone 11 Pro Max Plus and I have to shut the phone down and all the previous apps to get a connection some times.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal.

Thanks,
Randy
What model of drone?

Im using the Iphone 11 Pro Max Plus and I have to shut the phone down and all the previous apps to get a connection some times.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal.
I'll reboot the phone and see if that makes a difference...thanks

I'll reboot the phone and see if that makes a difference...thanks
Well sure enough it works fine after rebooting but not sure why it would make a difference with no other apps running...anyway thanks!
So while I'm at it, is there a way to tell the RC to not charge my phone?

Well sure enough it works fine after rebooting but not sure why it would make a difference with no other apps running...anyway thanks!
What phone? if it’s not an iPhone, no.

Reactions: JCO1977
Just checking, have you tried the RC end of the cable both ways up? I’ve found that my cable only works one way round

Is there a way to tell the RC to not charge my phone?

There’s an option in the Fly app settings to disable phone charging, certainly for iOS any way.

May be of interest, found I was always having to recall the same phone settings before flying and opening the Fly app, so looked in to how to automate. Can do some pretty cool things with Shortcuts on iOS, sure there’s an Android equivalent.

Info and download here: Apple Shortcuts for the iPhone

Currently on the Android platform, charging is automatic and you cannot disable it like you can on the iOS phones.

There’s an option in the Fly app settings to disable phone charging, certainly for iOS any way.

May be of interest, found I was always having to recall the same phone settings before flying and opening the Fly app, so looked in to how to automate. Can do some pretty cool things with Shortcuts on iOS, sure there’s an Android equivalent.

Out of curiosity, what did you automate?

Out of curiosity, what did you automate?

The shortcut gets the current brightness and volume level, then saves to a variable and stores in iCloud. Turns the display brightness to max, the volume to zero, turns off WiFi, turns of Bluetooth, sets do not disturb to on and launches the Fly app.

Once your done, run the shortcut again and it recalls the variable from iCloud, setting your brightness and volume to what it was before. Turns WiFi back on and turns off do not disturb.

Easy to change to whatever settings you feel work best for you though and kinda fun to mess around with Shortcuts ?

I had this to start with. I could still fly it even though I wasn't officially connected to mobile device. I'm on android and cleared cache and data...relogged in and made my apps setting were like in the attached picture. And lastly re-paired and linked to the aircraft. No problem sinceScreenshot_20200610-145858_Settings~2.jpeg

I had this problem with my MA2. It started after missing a day of flight after a long trip. Turns out I plugged the cable into the charging port on the bottom of the controller instead of the data port beneath the antenna.

Reactions: quasi_chunk

How do you find the option to disable iPhone charging?

The shortcut gets the current brightness and volume level, then saves to a variable and stores in iCloud. Turns the display brightness to max, the volume to zero, turns off WiFi, turns of Bluetooth, sets do not disturb to on and launches the Fly app.

Once your done, run the shortcut again and it recalls the variable from iCloud, setting your brightness and volume to what it was before. Turns WiFi back on and turns off do not disturb.

Easy to change to whatever settings you feel work best for you though and kinda fun to mess around with Shortcuts ?
You can do this kind of thing in Tasker for android.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes