DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro GPS?

Filmarik

Reactions
I asked this question in another thread but I do not want to hijack it as it discusses a different topic.
My question is, does the RC Pro controller have built in a GPS receiver?

Yes .. Like most Android tablets.

From the RC Pro specs ...
GNSS: GPS + Galileo + GLONASS
In that case can we please have Dynamic Home Point added to FlyApp? It should not be that difficult to implement..
Adding to the list of desirable features I have already posted in another thread.
DJI, are you listening???

In that case can we please have Dynamic Home Point added to FlyApp? It should not be that difficult to implement..
Adding to the list of desirable features I have already posted in another thread.
Dynamic home point is not simple. Probably will never happen.

Dynamic home point is not simple. Probably will never happen.
DJI has already done it with Inspire 2 6 years ago! An external dedicated DJI GPS receiver attached to the controller was needed. The feature was available in GO4.
I can't see why they could not do the same with M3 and RC Pro. The necessary hardware is already there.

No ... DJI aren't here and they aren't listening.
You could suggest in their forum but all you'll get a a polite note to thank you for the suggestion ... they will pass it on to the relevant team ... and nothing more will be done about it.
The feature was available in GO4.
I can't see why they could not do the same with M3 and RC Pro. The necessary hardware is already there.
There are lots of useful features and options in the Go 4 app that DJI choose to leave out of the Fly app.

No ... DJI aren't here and they aren't listening.
You could suggest in their forum but all you'll get a a polite note to thank you for the suggestion ... they will pass it on to the relevant team ... and nothing more will be done about it.

There are lots of useful features and options in the Go 4 app that DJI choose to leave out of the Fly app.
I will do that, there is no harm suggesting what I think are desirable features which would enhance their product capabilities.

What question!
Personally, when I fly the Mavic-3 Drone and use the RC Pro controller, 28 to 32 satellites always appear on the screen!

What question!
Personally, when I fly the Mavic-3 Drone and use the RC Pro controller, 28 to 32 satellites always appear on the screen!
In case you are not joking: The number of satellites appearing on the screen is the amount the aircraft receives information from. The number of satellites the RC is connected to might be visible by using a third party app on the RC Pro.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
In case you are not joking: The number of satellites appearing on the screen is the amount the aircraft receives information from. The number of satellites the RC is connected to might be visible by using a third party app on the RC Pro.
Why would I joke? This is my hobby! I don't understand technology, but I think I can fly and control the device well! I'll only tell you what I see on my screen when it's updated and I'm flying!

lets beat on DJI to release the SDK for the Mavic3. Thats more important
DJI have had people complaining about the alck of SDK for a year now.
They don't care.
Complain as much as you like, but it won't make any difference to them.

I'll only tell you what I see on my screen when it's updated and I'm flying!
What you see on the screen is the number of sats that the drone's GPS receiver is locked to.

I would love this feature! I do a lot of my flying from boats and have to constantly update my home position. It is a real pain in the you know what. It also gives a very false sense of battery time remaining before needing to return home as every update changes the time. This is be an amazing feature to have/use.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead