DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro won't accept cards

Reactions
Just activated my RC Pro, downloaded firmware upgrades and it links to my Air 2S fine. I can't get the microSD card to seat. It pops right back out. When I hold it in, a dialog pops up recognizing it, but as soon as I release it pops out. I've tried eight different Samsung, SanDisk, etc. cards. Can I assume there is something wrong with the controller and there is no special trick to mounting the card?

I've been pushing it in as far as it goes; it meets resistance and will go no further.

However, thinking about your suggestion, I got a tiny jewelers screwdriver and if I push hard it will go in even further and seat. I need the screwdriver to remove the card, too. I have many devices that use microSD cards and none of them require use of a tool to insert/remove a card. I have to assume my particular controller has a quirk.

Anyway, pushing it in extra hard with a screwdriver works, so I won't have to send it in for repair. Thanks!

FWIW, I need something like a screwdriver to push the SD Cards in far enough, so it's not just you.

Reactions: David D. Busch
FWIW, I need something like a screwdriver to push the SD Cards in far enough, so it's not just you.
Now that's good to know. It means my controller is not defective, but just has a finicky design. Thanks.

Reactions: burtba
Update: DJI support offered to replace my controller, but rather than be without the controller I just may keep it and have a tiny screwdriver handy when I need to remove the card.

Update: DJI support offered to replace my controller, but rather than be without the controller I just may keep it and have a tiny screwdriver handy when I need to remove the card.
I would definitely NOT return it for repair for this issue. Mine too is tough to push in to mount and remove. It's the nature of this beast.

Update. I returned my controller to DJI and they replaced it at no cost to me, including shipping. I used their label and sent on Friday and received it back the following Thursday. The new one behaves exactly like my old one. I need a tiny screwdriver to press the card all the way in. Good news is that I now have confirmation that my controller is not defective; as noted, "it's the nature of this beast."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer