DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro won't pair

dmanthree

Reactions
Just bought an RC Pro, and for whatever reason it won't pair. I've updated firmware so the "firmware match" message is gone, followed the instructions, put the drone in pairing mode, sat through 60 seconds of beeping, but nothing. The drone is currently paired to a standard RC, so do I need to unpair that before pairing the new controller?

I don't believe there is an "unpairing" process. When your RCPro does not pair, if you power up your old standard RC does it still connect? Also let us know your sw version and Fly version.

And where did you get the RCPro, is it used? I thought I remember there being an RCPro that works only with the Air2S but I could be wrong.

Not my video:

I don't believe there is an "unpairing" process. When your RCPro does not pair, if you power up your old standard RC does it still connect? Also let us know your sw version and Fly version.

And where did you get the RCPro, is it used? I thought I remember there being an RCPro that works only with the Air2S but I could be wrong.

Not my video:
That was true for about two months. The firmware was updated in early 2022 to allow the Mavic 3.

Reactions: mavic3usa

Not my video:
The old (RC) controller still connects with no problem. I bought the RC Pro from Amazon new. The apps are all the latest, but I'll post the versions a bit later.

Not my video:
That exactly what I'm doing but it sits there for 60 seconds and times out.

This may seem like a dumb suggestion but are you sure you have the right drone chosen when you try and pair? There are many Mavic 3 types and I did the same thing picking an Air 2 when it was an Air 2S. It wouldn't pair until I picked the correct drone. Doh!

• Love
Reactions: mobilehomer
This may seem like a dumb suggestion but are you sure you have the right drone chosen when you try and pair? There are many Mavic 3 types and I did the same thing picking an Air 2 when it was an Air 2S. It wouldn't pair until I picked the correct drone. Doh!
Yes, no question. I click "Classic 3" in the list before proceeding to the pairing. I would have called DJI's help line but they don't work weekends. This process is not new to me. I've paired three different drones to my RC and never saw one go past "53" on the countdown. Something not right with this controller, I think.

Well, they were helpful. I had downloaded the wrong version of the Assistant. Removed it, installed the right one, and both the controller and drone connected and updated. The pairing was successful and I took a test flight today. All good.

Well, they were helpful. I had downloaded the wrong version of the Assistant. Removed it, installed the right one, and both the controller and drone connected and updated. The pairing was successful and I took a test flight today. All good.
Dumb question, but why did you need any version of Assistant in the first place? Pairing has nothing to do with Assistant, and Assistant is also completely unnecessary to updating FW on either device, unless something goes horribly wrong.

Dumb question, but why did you need any version of Assistant in the first place? Pairing has nothing to do with Assistant, and Assistant is also completely unnecessary to updating FW on either device, unless something goes horribly wrong.
Not a dumb question at all. This is my third drone and I never even knew the probram existed. For some reason the controller could not connect to the server and constantly reported "server error 0x11.... " when attempting to update. It works fine now, but using that app shouldn't have been necessary.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Has the drone previously been used? If not, you need to activate it first on the stock controller. I pulled my hair out over this when I first got a new Air2s and upgraded to RC Pro from Smart Controller at same time. The RC Pro will not pair with a drone that has not been activated.

Has the drone previously been used? If not, you need to activate it first on the stock controller. I pulled my hair out over this when I first got a new Air2s and upgraded to RC Pro from Smart Controller at same time. The RC Pro will not pair with a drone that has not been activated.
The drone is mine, only the controller is new. And the issue was firmware. For some reason the firmware wouldn't update so I needed to use the Assistant to update the controller and the drone. All works nicely now.

The drone is mine, only the controller is new. And the issue was firmware. For some reason the firmware wouldn't update so I needed to use the Assistant to update the controller and the drone. All works nicely now.
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted. I learned about the RCPro pairing the hard way LOL. In the field, on a job and didn't bring the stock remote with me. Totally embarrassing

Reactions: dmanthree
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne