DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Signal Lost... AC Disconnected... RC Signal Lost... AC disconnected Etc...

DavidRoue

Reactions
Good Morning.

I'm facing a severe poblem from my Remote Controller on Mavic Pro.

Mavic Pro Model M1P
Information from the DJI ASSISTANT 2 :
-RC Software Version : V01.04.0500
-Aircraft Software Version : V01.04.0500
Phone : Iphone 8 (or Ipad) with DJI GO 4 App V4.3.32

First here are the symptoms :

HISTORY :
Since many months, the RC and AC have hard time linking together, sometimes I have to restart both of them 5 times and be lucky they pair...
Last time I flew (26/02/2020), in a middle of the flight the RC lost signal (due to "weak antenna" or " strong interference" or "IMU...", didn't have time to read because the whole DJI GO4 App went dark screen to RC signal Lost).
The AC returned to home, I recover the preview/menu on the phone but I couldn't give any command to the Aircraft.
The app keeps on giving me "Command Timeout" message for any of my commands. Impossible to even land ! After 5 min I had to take out the AC battery in flight !
Went back home, watch the video I took, and as I was connected to a Wifi : the AC/Remote asked me to update the software to the latest version... I approved.
The update seemed successful.

NOW :
! The RC doesn't want to connect to the Aircraft !

1) When I'm not "lucky" : the Red warning "AC disconnected" message shows up on the App. Nothing I can do...

2) When I'm "more lucky" (or sometimes immediately after binding them via the DJI GO4 App) :
- I turn on the AC... then I turn on the RC... and they briefly connect together :
- I see on my App the preview, then immediately Red warning message : "RC signal Lost"...
- HOWEVER the App still showing "live" image of the camera, for about 10 sec...
- Then the message Red warning "AC disconnected" pop up briefly (1 sec) and screen goes black
- Then the Grey message "Disconnected" pop up briefly (1 sec)
- Then the RC vibrates and starts writing a digital message... "RC...S..." that does not reach the end...before getting back to "Connecting_"
- Then back to "RC signal Lost" with preview... 10 sec... "AC Disconnected"... "Disconnected"... Etc...

I read all the forum. And tried all the tricks...
With the DJI Assistant 2 : Downgrade/Upgrade/Reset to default factory... always end up "FAIL"
With the DJI Go Pro 4 : I used the binding fonction more than ever... it only allows me to be "more lucky" (cf above). I also cleared the Cache of the device. I also connected my account. I also deleted the app and reinstalled it.
With the SD card : I formatted it or try fly without it
With the cable : used the side port and the bottom port... with 2 different cables and 2 different devices.
With the Aircraft : I removed the SD card before turning it ON. I also switch from RC... to WIFI. On wifi I can fly the Aircraft. Thus I reset everything via the menu : the IMU... the gimbal... etc...

From the last sentence above, it seems my RC is bricked, the problem clearly comes from that device... since I can fly under Wifi.
However the option to fix a RC are limited : I tried DJI assistant 2... all reset failed... I tried draining the RC battery to 0... didn't solve anything.

Please... let me know if anyone ever face this problem (havent found any thread about it). Any solution... I'm a bit desperate.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Wow, that's a heck of a problem there, and your frustrations are obvious !

With the Wifi flight working ok, it points to the RC, and it might have been a deterioration over time it seems, perhaps it's had moisture or something get in sometime, and gradually a circuit board has also deteriorated from corrosion.
I'm wondering if it can be carefully taken apart for a look.
I guess so, because antenna boosters need some take down I think.

Ok, do you have a friendly drone repair shop where you live ?
I'm thinking maybe you can borrow a controller, bind and test, see if it will bind ok, and if your RC is the issue.

Maybe there is another forum member nearby with an M1P or MPP you could also work with the try and troubleshoot if the RC is the problem.

Obviously now is a bad time in the World to be trying to resolve such an issue, but I hope you can get it sorted out.

Agree. Find another controller from someone if you can to test.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try to find someone that has a Mavic RC.

But I’m pretty sure it will turn out to be working with someone else RC.

I’m surprised as I barely use my drone and RC, so it nicely stays stored and when I use it, I always take care of it (the screen protective sticker is even still on the Remote Controller...).

Anyway I’ll keep you adviced.

In the case the RC sickness is confirmed, as it is out of warranty, do you know what actions are possible with DJI customers service? Do they have a repair service? I’m not confident to send it to a local shop to get dismantled (I don’t even know where to look for such shop).

I tried to upload a video I took of the screen recording of the DJI go App... and another video of the RC/AC behavior (RC vibration (=linking) + quick message “NO... XX” during 1/2 sec). But I can’t send there on this website !

I tried to upload a video I took of the screen recording of the DJI go App... and another video of the RC/AC behavior (RC vibration (=linking) + quick message “NO... XX” during 1/2 sec). But I can’t send there on this website !
Upload to YouTube or similar, copy the share link, and post that link here... that even causes a preview to appear.

Update : I send the unit to DJI. Conclusion : The RC mother board was defective (obviously).
150€ bill to fix the issue, but at least I have a new Remote Controller....
Hope my post can help someone else. Good Luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore