DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC stopped charging my iPad

StoneAIR

Reactions
Can anyone help me? My RC isn’t charging my iPad anymore.
It’s connected I can see the camera view. It flys just fine. It tries to charge it shows charging then stops and iPad says not charging.
TIA

Can anyone help me? My RC isn’t charging my iPad anymore.
It’s connected I can see the camera view. It flys just fine. It tries to charge it shows charging then stops and iPad says not charging.
Usually the complaint is that the iPad is taking charge from the controler.
You can enable/disable that in the settings for the iOS version of the app.

Usually the complaint is that the iPad is taking charge from the controler.
You can enable/disable that in the settings for the iOS version of the app.

Thanks. Could you elaborate on how a guy would go about finding the setting?

The "not charging" is normal. It's taking power from USB but that's just enough for it to run on, not to also charge on top of it.

Just poke around in the controller settings of the app. It's not that hard to find.

9db88ce5bbf6f31cd122104feaeaa45b.jpg
833d9cd5ce5adc49ca20c60716109a11.jpg
3e4bfeb4feefa4a1c20798651bf2f4c2.jpg

No where do I see an option.

If you are running iOS Go4 - you should have an option labelled 'Charging Mode' with a flick-switch under the 'Remote Controller Settings'. Should be there under the main RC Settings menu i.e. it's not a sub-menu or under Advanced ... This option only works for Apple devices, so the option and switch doesn't exist in Go 4 running as an Android app'.

You did not mention what aircraft you have. The option is only there for the Mavic 2, but from the screenshots you seem to have a Mavic air so it's irrelevant. The Mavic Air remote has never charged iOS devices and never will.

You did not mention what aircraft you have. The option is only there for the Mavic 2, but from the screenshots you seem to have a Mavic air so it's irrelevant. The Mavic Air remote has never charged iOS devices and never will.

You’re wrong there bud.

Last edited:
Don’t think they would spend the money to ship it back and forth if there was nothing wrong with it.
This forum is full of reports of DJI support reps giving nonsensical instructions or being plain wrong, so yes it happens regularly.

My Air did just like my Pro (sold it since), aka charged Android devices and didn't charge iOS devices. So unless it changed recently with an update I haven't read about...

This forum is full of reports of DJI support reps giving nonsensical instructions or being plain wrong, so yes it happens regularly.

My Air did just like my Pro (sold it since), aka charged Android devices and didn't charge iOS devices. So unless it changed recently with an update I haven't read about...

All I know is I could grab my iPad and never worry about battery percentage. Sent RC and Mavic Air back. First flight after getting it back iPad battery gets drained. I guess time will tell.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu