RC won't connect after initial flight

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Help' started by LivinLarge, May 16, 2018.

1. LivinLarge

LivinLarge Well-Known Member

After many months of success, I am recently having a problem with connection from the RC to the AC. The RC connects and works fine for the first flight. After shutting down everything and changing batteries, the RC will not connect to the aircraft. This has happened in different locations far way from any interference. If I let it sit for half an hour, it will reconnect again. I have tried rebinding, but the RC will not go into bind mode. Tried switching the WiFi/RC switch, pressing the bind button, followed binding instructions for different methods with or without the mobile device attached. Nothing seems to work except letting it sit for a while.
    The AC has never crashed or even had a hard landing. No recent changes to firmware or app.
    Anyone else having this problem? Any idea what would cause this?

#1 LivinLarge, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Mossiback

Mossiback Well-Known Member

Because it works after letting it sit for a while, I am thinking that something is overheating. Do the fans on both the AC and RC turn on? You might try some compressed air in the vents of both the AC and RC to blow out any accumulated dust.

You also mentioned that you shut down everything when changing batteries. You only need to shut down the AC. After turning on the AC with the fresh battery, it should connect again.

3. LivinLarge

The fan in the aircraft does run. I have not noticed if the one in the RC is running. Does seem like a possible heat problem.
    I normally turn off both to save battery. If you shut down the AC and remove the battery, the remote will have to reconnect anyway.

4. Mossiback

The RC fan is barely noticeable.
    The reconnection time is quicker if you leave the RC on so in effect it will use less battery. Leaving the RC on will also keep the connection to Go 4 active so it will not need to restart (it will show disconnected until the AC and RC reconnect). Give it a try.

5. LivinLarge

Tried again to connect after sitting for a while at room temperature and it did not work. Put the RC in the freezer for a minute or two and it did connect immediately after that, so maybe it is a heat issue with the remote.

6. Mossiback

Does the RC fan run? It is fairly quiet.

7. LivinLarge

Checked the RC fan. It is running. I did another test flight and just shut off the aircraft. The RC did reconnect when I powered the AC again. Then I shut both off and they would not reconnect.

8. Mossiback

It is possible there is some dust accumulation in the RC so you might try some compressed air. I hope it does not get worse as the days get warmer.

9. LivinLarge

Spent an hour on chat with DJI support. "Did you try to update firmware?" "Did you try downgrading firmware?" " Did you try resetting defaults?" "What phone are you using?" All of which obviously had nothing to do with the problem. Finally they agreed to have me return it for service or replacement. It is still in warranty.
    So now we wait...