DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC2 - HDMI Output for Large TV\Monitor

Did I type something wrong in my search bar? I searched for Tripltek 9 and the least price I see is $979. I "thought" Tripltek was on the "Economical" side of the equation but apparently I was very VERY wrong LOL.
Check this out.

Reactions: BigAl07 and RareAir
Did I type something wrong in my search bar? I searched for Tripltek 9 and the least price I see is $979. I "thought" Tripltek was on the "Economical" side of the equation but apparently I was very VERY wrong LOL.
It is certainly "economical" compared to the offerings from Apple and Samsung. The 9 especially with its' bumped up processors and HDMI. I own them all and the 7 is still going strong after years of abuse. And TriplTek's customer service is excellent!

Reactions: RareAir
I just saw that DJI Support told Reddit that the RC2 supports HDMI Output, only:

Just purchased an Anker 4K @60Hz, USB-c to HDMI. Hoping to use a larger monitor with the RC2.

Anyone here tried this yet, personally?

Here's video of a user with his RC2 connected to a monitor:
Thank you for taking the time to gather all the info on how to get a larger monitor to watch the bird fly. I refer to your info frequently. This is the best read on this sight.

And could you expand to see if you could send HDMI signals thru the air to some remote receiver (say in your house).
RareAir have you experimented with any Wireless HDMI Transmitters and Receiver? Do you think it will work. Just asking for a friend.

RareAir have you experimented with any Wireless HDMI Transmitters and Receiver? Do you think it will work. Just asking for a friend.

A few months ago I looked at what was available for HDMI over wireless, it looked to be at the time that the very least expensive was $100 to get a transmitter and receiver.

I would think HDMI over wireless would work, but of course there's always the possibility of interference, and the transmission on the video signal could have a bit of latency, perhaps more in certain situations.

Check out the complaints on the available products:

It may take them a bit longer to perfect this technology.

Reactions: Krrr
I am sorry if this has already been stated in this thread but I noticed forum members were purchasing expensive usb-c to hdmi adapters such as the Anker that supports 8k/60 or 4k/144 thinking that because their drone records in 4k at max 100fps, they require an adapter with those specifications.

However, please remember that the maximum video transmission quality of Occusync 4.0 is 1080p at 30fps/60fps (can’t figure out which frame rate since the specs always state both, so let’s assume it is max 60fps). So please correct me if I’m wrong, but the RC2 controller is not going to produce a signal that is higher resolution/framerate than the transmission signal it receives from the drone.

The less expensive Anker 4k/60 Adapter should be plenty enough for the 1080p transmission so I don’t think anyone to spend more money for the higher rated adapter!

The other scenario is that the controller does indeed output a true 4k signal, in which case I assume all the telemetry/map/etc overlays on the screen will have sharper text, with the actual video transmission being 1080p.

Either way it’s an amazing feature and Im looking forward to getting my hands on the adapter!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
I am sorry if this has already been stated in this thread but I noticed forum members were purchasing expensive usb-c to hdmi adapters such as the Anker that supports 8k/60 or 4k/144 thinking that because their drone records in 4k at max 100fps, they require an adapter with those specifications.

However, please remember that the maximum video transmission quality of Occusync 4.0 is 1080p at 30fps/60fps (can’t figure out which frame rate since the specs always state both, so let’s assume it is max 60fps). So please correct me if I’m wrong, but the RC2 controller is not going to produce a signal that is higher resolution/framerate than the transmission signal it receives from the drone.

The less expensive Anker 4k/60 Adapter should be plenty enough for the 1080p transmission so I don’t think anyone to spend more money for the higher rated adapter!

The other scenario is that the controller does indeed output a true 4k signal, in which case I assume all the telemetry/map/etc overlays on the screen will have sharper text, with the actual video transmission being 1080p.

Either way it’s an amazing feature and Im looking forward to getting my hands on the adapter!

BENFEI USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter [Thunderbolt 3/4 Compatible] with iPhone 15 Pro/Max, MacBook Pro/Air 2023, iPad Pro, iMac, S23, XPS 17, Surface Book 3 and More ($8)

Last edited:

You're welcome to pick and choose your adapter, when I bought mine, I was anticipating 100FPS from the slow motion mode, and viewing it in real-time at 4K. I still use that adapter, and will continue to for as long as I have my RC2 AIR3.

When I first made this thread, there was only one guy on Youtube, that was claiming the HDMI out on the RC2 worked, and he didn't show it in flight. That's why I bought that specific adapter, and made the thread and video, I wanted to know what was actually possible. I paid $30 for that dapter, and I didin't consider that expensive.

Last edited:
You're welcome to pick and choose your adapter, when I bought mine, I was anticipating 100FPS from the slow motion mode, and viewing it in real-time at 4K. I still use that adapter, and will continue to for as long as I have my RC2 AIR3.

When I first made this thread, there was only one guy on Youtube, that was claiming the HDMI out on the RC2 worked, and he didn't show it in flight. That's why I bought that specific adapter, and made the thread and video, I wanted to know what was actually possible.
and never looked back.

My apologies I did not mean to imply it was a mistake to buy the 8k adapter or anything of the sort. I just wanted to clarify that despite the resolution of the drone, the transmission to the RC2 maxes out at 1080p/60fps.

That's not true though.
rYQCHla.jpg

This monitor is a 21:9 4k, or 3840 x 1600. If this 4k monitor were 16:9, the res would be 3840x2160.

I don't believe that means upscaling the 1080p to 4k, if that's what you're implying.

And if it is upscaling, a faster adapter would only help.

Last edited:
I don't believe that means upscaling the 1080p to 4k, if that's what you're implying.

And if it is upscaling, a faster adapter would only help.
It has to upscaling the video feed.
The RC is only receiving 1080p from the drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidarmenb
EkIsc5n.jpg

What does the manual say about HDMI out?
Irrelevant as to whether or not upscaling is occurring, which is a certainty. It is impossible to output 4K video from a 1080p video input without upscaling ocurring. The "RC received" 1080p video from the drone must be upscaled to 4K, almost certainly by your 4K monitor. Theoretically, the HDMI output from the RC could be 4K output, but it would still have to upscale the received 1080p video to 4K to do so. In either case, the 1080p RC received video feed must be upscaled somewhere between the 1080p received video feed and the 4K TV to be displayed in 4K on your 4K monitor. That cannot happen without upscaling somewhere.

That's not true though.
rYQCHla.jpg

This monitor is a 21:9 4k, or 3840 x 1600. If this 4k monitor were 16:9, the res would be 3840x2160.
It doesn't matter what the monitor says. The video transmission from drone to controller is only capable of 1080p 60 fps, it is impossible to get any more than this. You can't magically get 4k video output when the input is only 1080p. It will be upscaled somewhere, but it doesn't matter where, it might technically be 4k on the monitor but for all intents in purposes the resolution is still 1080p. The only way to get the 4k video is to record it on the drone since the drone never transmits higher than 1080p 60 fps.

Also you don't seem to understand how slow motion works, if you just display 100 fps on a screen it will not be slow motion, it needs to be slowed down and displayed at a lower framerate for it to be slow motion. Gamers using 240 Hz monitors with 240 fps are not playing in slow motion they are playing with lower latency, that is totally different. The video transmission, even if it handled 100 fps, displays it in real time, so there is no slow motion effect and no benefit to doing it. Your eyes can't make a slow motion effect on their own so your eyes can't slow down a real time video feed.

Why do you want 4k output on a large monitor anyway? It won't make the flying experience any better than using 1080p on a monitor. It won't make the recorded videos or pictures any better either. So what's the point of wanting 4k on the monitor? Chances are it would actually reduce the maximum range of the drone due to it needing to send more data.

There is so much incorrect on this thread that some basic understanding would solve. The video the controller receives is at most 1080p 60 fps, so you don't need 4k high frame rate adapters or anything like that. You can not display slow motion in real time, that is physically impossible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas