DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC2 - HDMI Output for Large TV\Monitor

The DJI Fly App, in conjunction with the GPS satellites, are your link to controlling your drone. The moment the DJI App reboots - regardless of how that happened - your control is gone, the GPS takes over and the drone goes in to RTH, based on the last Home update.

Pulling the cable mid-flight is not a crash, it's user error. I did this to myself once and scared myself enough to put a large warning on the second page, and have not done that again mid-flight, since.

As long as your last Home update was good, you should be fine if the DJI App reboots. I was 200 ft in the air, and by the time the DJI App had rebooted, I was able to take control again immediately.

HDMI-out was always said to be experimental at this stage, by DJI themselves:

Reactions: Krrr
The DJI Fly App, in conjunction with the GPS satellites, are your link to controlling your drone. The moment the DJI App reboots - regardless of how that happened - your control is gone, the GPS takes over and the drone goes in to RTH, based on the last Home update....
You are aware that you can fly the Mini 4 Pro as well as older models with the N1/2 remote, without connection to a phone running the Fly app? The drone is then just limited in range to about 30m.
So the Fly app and the basic remote functions are independent and a reboot of just the Fly app would not affect the remote's basic function. In case of the RC2 the remote's basic functions will also be affected, as the drone will detect a lost connection. So it's a system crash and not just a reboot. Also, just restarting an app will execute much faster than the reboot of the RC2 as we see it happen here.

No, I'm aware of the Air 3, and how it functions with the RC2. Don't unplug the HDMI-out cable from the RC2 mid-flight, or the DJI Fly App will reboot. Not a crash.

Reactions: Krrr
So would a true "monitor" work since the RC-2 has true HDMI out?

Seems like if I could find a small format monitor that takes HDMI input (and battery operated) for less than the price of an organ it would be ideal. :)

Reactions: RareAir
Reactions: RareAir and BigAl07
Yes, plug and play for a PC monitor via HD I input.

Which makes me want to wonder, why is it so hard to get it to work on an Android tablet when the actual software in the RC 2 controller seems to be android.

NOTE: It can be finicky playing on a monitor, if it doesn't work first try, try restating the controller once plugged into the monitor.....

Reactions: RareAir and BigAl07
Good Morning. I might not understand. I got out my Tripltek 8 and paired it to the Mini 4 Pro then the Air 3. It worked.
Does the Tripltek 8 qualify as an android tablet? My constant mistake when using the RC N1 or 2 is I forget about the connection to the device being in the top of the RC N1-2 controller and try to put the connector cable in the bottom "C" port. "Silly Me."
I use the RC 2 with the Xreal glasses. Works perfect.

Good Morning. I might not understand. I got out my Tripltek 8 and paired it to the Mini 4 Pro then the Air 3. It worked.
Does the Tripltek 8 qualify as an android tablet? My constant mistake when using the RC N1 or 2 is I forget about the connection to the device being in the top of the RC N1-2 controller and try to put the connector cable in the bottom "C" port. "Silly Me."
I use the RC 2 with the Xreal glasses. Works perfect.
The Tripltek tables are definitely Android tablets. The Tripltek 9 has hdmi in and out.

The Tripltek tables are definitely Android tablets. The Tripltek 9 has hdmi in and out.

Did I type something wrong in my search bar? I searched for Tripltek 9 and the least price I see is $979. I "thought" Tripltek was on the "Economical" side of the equation but apparently I was very VERY wrong LOL.

• Haha
Is there any "obvious" reason why this type of "Portable Monitor" wouldn't work?

Did I type something wrong in my search bar? I searched for Tripltek 9 and the least price I see is $979. I "thought" Tripltek was on the "Economical" side of the equation but apparently I was very VERY wrong LOL.
Unfortunately yes it's on the expensive side and I don't see a lot of places where you can get a discount other than the usual Amazon 5%. But it's still a great tablet if you biggest need is super bright display.

Is there any "obvious" reason why this type of "Portable Monitor" wouldn't work?

Other than the 1 star reviews, which indicate this particular one is very unreliable, no. Dell makes a similar one for almost three times the price that works well.

Tripltek 9 Pro is also 4G LTE, so it's really a giant phone and can access the internet without wifi, much like a cellular iPad, except it runs Android 12 and has USB C 3.0 for input and a decent camera. It's definitely more Luxury than Economical.

"THE BRIGHTEST DISPLAY AND THE HIGHEST PERFORMANCE TABLET ON THE MARKET"​

It's also very heavy and thick, unlike an iPad on iOS.
Weighs 1.3 pounds!

8 Inch 1300 nits Sustained Brightness
4K Ready Display
4G LTE Unlocked Smartphone
12GB RAM / 256 GB Storage
4K-48MP Camera
Hyper-Engine 8 Core CPU (70% faster than T8)
12,200 mAh Large Battery
WIFI 2,4/5 GHz
Bluetooth 5.0
NFC
GPS Built-in
SD card slot up to 2 TB
Waterproof IP68
Military Standard construction
HDMI Output Port
USB Type C 3.0
External power pin port IP68
Ultra Fast Charging at 36W.​

Reactions: BigAl07
I've only seen the iPad work so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if Android can work too.
It should work with an Android tablet same way. You will have to connect an USB-to HDMI converter to the RC2. Then you will have to connect a HDMI to USB frame grabber to that converter.
On the software side the "USB Camera Pro" app should do the job. If you are running this on a phone, you could even use cardboard goggles with this app.

Reactions: BigAl07 and RareAir
The Tripltek's are expensive but do their job, bright display. Tech has moved on. For the same money you could get an RC 2 and Xreal glasses. Great control of the plane (RC 2) plus a bright display (Xreal's) in sunlight and a bonus, FPV.
Plus Plus Xreal Glasses can be used to view many other devices like Gaming Consoles, Phones and Streaming Services.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07 and RareAir
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne