DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC2 - HDMI Output for Large TV\Monitor

I was wondering if USB-C to Display Port would work with the RC2, sorry to hear it doesn't.
I got it working! See above.

I'll guess that means USB-C to Display Port works as a general rule then. It always did for PC, just wasn't certain about the RC2.

RC2 outputs 4K live video. Here's a 21:9 monitor at 3840 x1600 60Hz:
rYQCHla.jpg

Reactions: pinballwiz86
Here's my set up. It's the $28 Anker 518 USB-C to 8k HDMI into my Atomos field monitor. My goal is to have a portable monitor for an art director to be able to see what I'm capturing without having to look over my shoulder. Better than this would to be able to go into an iPad. I realize there is another tablet brand this will work with but would need it to work with iOS. If anyone knows how to work this with an iPad, please LMK.
Here is how it obviously works on iPad PRO

• Love
Reactions: RareAir
HDMI out on RC2 with matching USB-to-HDMI converter/cable is plug and play.
Just NEVER unplug USB while the RC2 is running or even worse, while the drone is airborne as this will crash the firmware.

I left a warning about unplugging the HDMI-out in flight, on the second page, the RC2 will not crash, it reboots the DJI Fly App, or goes white screen for about 30 seconds. If the Air 3 is flying when the cable is unplugged, the Air 3 goes in to RTH mode.

No, a crash is random or intermittent. If you unplug the HDMI-out adapter from the RC2, every time, it will reboot the DJI Fly App.
And why does the r/c connection get lost if only the Fly app will be restarted, triggering the signal lost function (usually RTH)? A N2 remote does not loose connection if the mobile phone gets disconnected or the Fly app gets closed. In my opinion the whole RC2 is crashing and restarting by a watchdog function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne