DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RCGeeks 4in1 charger is garbage

RallySoob

Reactions
It caused one batt to short circuit and another to over current (light2 blinking two times second) etc etc

You plug your factory charger into it and it works as a hub. But its cheap pos even the plastic port attachments dont fit right.

The blue one on amazon is no good either cuz it doesnt have a 3rd prong for grounding on its cable.. the grey one for 55-60 is only good multi quik charger ive seen
58d0919d0a051207385bf177d815195d.jpg
51aedcc56c312e4d5082e6493ccc58a3.jpg
64eddafd2a8bc4400b5443dcbd36a156.jpg
2a343bf6de81b5f638bb5c5751fefd7c.jpg

I tried this one first , but sent it back . It was a piece of crap . . . Outside of not working properly the battery leads didn't even have grommets where they pass through the metal. Also, no usb ports, which I knew, but definitely nice to have.

Amazon.com : DJI Mavic Pro Multi Intelligent Battery Charging Hub Dock for Quadcopter Drone- Simultaneously 3 Batteries Charging : Camera & Photo

Afterwards I picked up the blue one from Amazon and it works fine. I really like being able to charge everything from one device. Why is not having a grounded plug an issue ?

Amazon.com: FSLabs DJI Mavic Pro 5 In 1 Rapid Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub: Toys & Games

Reactions: PropPilot
The 5 in 1 works like a charm. I added an on/off switch to it (there is another thread on it around here) and keep it on my desk now to charge everything that shows up with a USB port or the Mavvy batteries. Super nice piece of kit and the price is incredible.

On/off switch would be nice, I will definitely need to do that at some point . .

Ide put a standard 3 prong plug cord on it and hook up that ground the right way like the dji charger is ... its just safer and for cost of our batteries its worth added safety imo but to each their own

Well the good news is they refunded me and said keep the charger... i dont have the guts to use it so i guess just toss it out. I assume they kno its garbage thats why they didnt want it back for inspection/defect verification etc

I have this charger and mine does work but sadly it only charges up to about 90% or so......the lights on the batteries shut down when it reaches full charger (according to the charge unit) but if you disconnect (battery) and plug into standard Mavic charger it will continue to charge another 15 minutes or so indicating this 4 port charger isn't fully charging the batteries, bummer.

You guys should read Robbyg,s post on how to prolong your battery life and theses fast chargers. Not good.......

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Isn't the charging handled by the smart battery anyways------aren't we just buying these chargers to get multiple batteries charged at once instead of sequentially, and if so how would we be harming the batteries?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67