DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-furb or new

Why ? Every other Retailer will break there back trying to service you . Best Buy will let your Return it immediately for another one. That alone is worth the extra money to get new.

Not every drone is Perfect out of the box, a tough shipping and your going to be dealing with a horizon issues.

Pay the Full price : Be sure to get a perfect drone and the Retailer is your best chance because you can bounce them back to get a new one , same day.

Best Buy : Micro Center are the best >

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .

Looking to purchase the DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC), DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit (34 min), from DJI instead of local retailer.
First time purchaser with DJI, so is it worth purchasing a re-furbished one or new.
Is the DGI CAre Refresh worth it?
Thanks for listening.
The refurb will be just as good or better. DJI Care Refresh? At least for the first year.
🇨🇦👍

Looking to purchase the DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC), DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit (34 min), from DJI instead of local retailer.
First time purchaser with DJI, so is it worth purchasing a re-furbished one or new.
Is the DGI CAre Refresh worth it?
Refurbs from DJI are basically brand new. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference and they have full warranty. I see no reason to purchase "brand new".

In my opinion, DJI Care isn't worth it.

Refurbs from DJI are basically brand new. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference and they have full warranty. I see no reason to purchase "brand new".

In my opinion, DJI Care isn't worth it.
State Farm will insure them dirt cheap compared to DJI care. I got $7000 worth of coverage for $86 year and $0 deductible.

My Air 2S was a DJI refurb and it was as good as new, I'd do it again. I'm self insured on new items outside the warranty that they come with.

Reactions: Jakeyboy007
State Farm will insure them dirt cheap compared to DJI care. I got $7000 worth of coverage for $86 year and $0 deductible.
Be very careful with filing claims against State Farm's drone plan. I'm not an insurance expert and the laws vary from state to state, but if you file a claim it goes on your insurance record. It can raise your rates when you go renew your home policy. Even if your home policy is not with State Farm.

I purchased a refurbished P3P directly from DJI back in 2018. I inspected everything very carefully upon arrival and I could not tell it was ever used. Battery had zero charge cycles. The entire setup still flies perfectly. It came with the full 1 year warranty and I only paid $599.00 USD. I would definitely buy refurbished from them again.

I would air on the side of a refurb actually less cost and same coverage and dji care and yes you get brand new batteries and accessories that originally came with the new packaged models I am looking to get a Mavic 3 soon and Camrise (Dji Nyc) or my local ( L.A.) DJI service center. prices are way better on refurbs

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Out of curiousity, what is the price of a new one vs a refurb? I am also thinking of getting a M3 mini at some point as well

At DJI NYC:

New: 2049
Refurb: 1659 in their ebay store (combo with xtra battery and 128mb micro sd card) but out of stock at the moment

I PURCHASED REFURB DIRECTLY FROM DJI, NO PROBLEM THEN OR NOW, 3YR'S LATER. MY NEXT ONE WILL BE ANOTHER REFURB FROM DJI.

Why ? Every other Retailer will break there back trying to service you . Best Buy will let your Return it immediately for another one. That alone is worth the extra money to get new.

Not every drone is Perfect out of the box, a tough shipping and your going to be dealing with a horizon issues.

Pay the Full price : Be sure to get a perfect drone and the Retailer is your best chance because you can bounce them back to get a new one , same day.

Best Buy : Micro Center are the best >

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .
Best Buy has now implemented a 15% restocking fee on opened returned drones.

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique