DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-goggles antenna

Hayabusa

Reactions
I just recently purchased the Re-goggles. I already had the original white goggles.
On the race editions, do you need the pagoda antenna hooked up? Or is that if using on another analog system?
im confused.(as usual)

Reactions: Bill combs
I just recently purchased the Re-goggles. I already had the original white goggles.
On the race editions, do you need the pagoda antenna hooked up? Or is that if using on another analog system?
im confused.(as usual)
you need the antenna attached while flying if not you will see a reduction in the distance the drone can fly

the re goggles use two frequencies vs the white version only uses one the pago antenna is for the 5.8 GHZ where the 2.4 doesn’t require an antenna

the re goggles use two frequencies vs the white version only uses one the pago antenna is for the 5.8 GHZ where the 2.4 doesn’t require an antenna

sorry for the ignorance-
I assume the Dji drones are the 2.4 ???
If so, then I do not need the antenna attached when flying my mavic??

sorry for the ignorance-
the mavic use duel frequenc,one frequency works better in an urban environment than the other,you should go to dji’s website and read up on it there,i can testify that i get better range with the antenna on then i do with it off in the same environmen.

Last edited:
im confused.(as usual)

Hey, what are your thoughts on the RE? I am torn in which to buy. I like the RE due to the 50ms lag. But I am hearing nightmarish stories on the range being as low as 100 feet. Have you noticed any distance issues? And can you really tell the different in between the 110ms white goggles and 50ms RE?

The mp1 uses 2.4, the mp2 and mz2 use 2.4 and 5.8 these frequencies can be used individually or together Dual band. The white goggles only support 2.4 where as the re goggles support 2.4 or 5.8 and dual band with the mavic 2. It you are flying the mp1 it only has the 2.4 as you thought good luck safe flying.
sorry for the ignorance-

Hey, what are your thoughts on the RE? I am torn in which to buy. I like the RE due to the 50ms lag. But I am hearing nightmarish stories on the range being as low as 100 feet. Have you noticed any distance issues? And can you really tell the different in between the 110ms white goggles and 50ms RE?
Just this weekend I met up with other dji pilots and flew my mavic with the black re goggles 5200 ft and didn't lose any signal strength granted I was flying over flat desert and wide open,I've flown in urban areas and sometimes I would have awful signal issues and other times no problem at all.

Reactions: Thomas B
Unfortunately I haven’t flown with the Re yet. I’ve only used them on my Traxxas Rc car that I installed an fpv camera on.
Hopefully this week I can get out.

So on the original mavic pro. It’s only 2.4 thus not needing the antenna??
I’ll test myself when I finally get out. Was more curious .
Thanks all

Appeantly
Thanks all
Apparently. And suppose to work well like at 4 miles. I'm torn..... I really want the RE but this issue with the zoom kills iy

That's correct and they work great with it. I originally bought my re goggles for my mp1 then purchased the mz2 and have not had any problems with range or reception. Good luck safe flying.
Thanks all

Got the RE goggles for Christmas ?
Wonderful son.

Using with my M1P I won't need the antenna then, occusync is good to go there ?

I am going to dig a bit in YouTube for first flights advice with RE goggles, then test at a great open space, flat, grassed parkland I have used when first flying the M1P several years ago.

Any tips people have form their first flight(s) ?

I suppose the googles are mostly in the first instance just replacing the screen as viewing device, the menu might take a little practice.
I've fitted a 16gb microSD card in the goggles to record screen shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu