DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reactions to drones in public

If someone feels they can hit it by throwing things at it, you are too close to them. You may be well within your rights and flying legally etc. but you are talking about public reactions. I fly at a park most afternoons and if someone else is there I keep it above 300 feet where it is not as noticeable. I am also not as noticeable because I operate it from inside my car (it is not that I am hiding, it is just more comfortable).
It works fine while sitting in your car? I would think you would have a lot of metal and magnetic interference.

It would be nice to see some advertisement showing the positive side to folks.

Yes indeed and DJI have got lots of money to spend on that sort of thing. But it could be true that DJI has seen the writing on the wall as far as recreational drone flying is concerned and, as such, are concentrating more an more on the commercial sector.

If they do start advertising in the mainstream media it may only be about commercial stuff like search & rescue and Inspection work but that wouldn't be a bad thing I suppose.

Reactions: Tom-Air
It works fine while sitting in your car? I would think you would have a lot of metal and magnetic interference.
I launch/land several feet away from my car, I just sit inside while flying. I keep it within 1000 feet so the RC has no problems maintaining a connection. Looking out my side window I have an unobstructed view of the sky where I am flying. I started doing this in the winter to keep warm and now I am spoiled by the comfort.

Reactions: Tom-Air
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13