DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to return

Tommose

Reactions
Last week, I was ready to send my Air back after I lost the wifi connection (using the controller) from a distance of about 100 feet. I posted and received some feedback on changing the channel, and installed the firmware update.

I gave the Air another chance today, taking it for a 2000 foot trip, straight out, at an elevation of ~180 feet. The wind was about 11mph. I was in the high frequency wifi band. At a distance of about 450 feet, I started experiencing video latency on my screen. I never lost connection, and completed the experiment.

There are some annoyances, like the noise, but the wifi bothers me. We're looking at moving to a mountainous area, and I'm worried that I'll lose control. I know that RTH will get the drone home, but I dislike the risk, especially with a $1000 investment. DJI might be able to fix this with a future update, but I can return it now.

Am I being unreasonable? Obviously many have no issue with this. I'm thinking about either moving to an MPP or an MP2.

I appreciate the feedback.

There are some annoyances, like the noise, but the wifi bothers me.
I don't think the mavic air is as loud as people are reporting,but I agree that the range is poor ..
That being said if that's not acceptable to you then return it.
I believe you'll get decent range in the hills as long as there's no obstructions..
Amazon has mavic pros for 777.00 today and they keep going down in price..

Reactions: Tommose
Thanks for making this statement...this entire "which drone is louder" thing irks the heck out of me.
I don't personally have anything to compare it to, volume wise. Just sounds like a bunch of angry bees, and what I've heard In text and video) is that the MPP is both lower volume and frequency. Regardless, that's not my main concern.

If you want a compact drone with long range, you might want to wait for the Mavic Pro II to be announced. Either you'll want it, or it'll drive the original Pro's price down.

Reactions: Tommose
If you want a compact drone with long range, you might want to wait for the Mavic Pro II to be announced. Either you'll want it, or it'll drive the original Pro's price down.
Not long range (necessarily) but reliable communications.

That's also true. I've never wanted to send my drone more than 1km away, but I do want my drone to stay connected without issue at that distance.
Exactly. If I need to, I want to feel like it will stay connected.

I don't think the mavic air is as loud as people are reporting,but I agree that the range is poor ..
That being said if that's not acceptable to you then return it.
I believe you'll get decent range in the hills as long as there's no obstructions..
Amazon has mavic pros for 777.00 today and they keep going down in price..

That is not Amazon, that is a third-party seller who is selling pre-owned and refurbished drones as new. There have already been complaints on the shady nature of that seller. Amazon is selling them for $1,075.

That is not Amazon, that is a third-party seller who is selling pre-owned and refurbished drones as new. There have already been complaints on the shady nature of that seller. Amazon is selling them for $1,075.
This buyer is backed by Amazon a to z guarantee..
Prices change from day to day on Amazon and now it's 845 .00 for a new mavic pro..
There's a few sellers offering it around that price..

This buyer is backed by Amazon a to z guarantee..
Prices change from day to day on Amazon and now it's 845 .00 for a new mavic pro..
There's a few sellers offering it around that price..

And every single one of those sellers is not an authorized seller, which means no warranty. It also means those prices are not indicative of actual pricing.

We tried to warn all y'all, it's a Pro or it's a no go. Yeesh. She getta married...married? .... married, yeesh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin