DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY risky shots turned out really nice

"Hey all!

Really proud of how this one turned out,
Flew most of the low and close shots with “line of site” of the drone, meaning I stared at it the whole shot without a glance down at the controller.

Shot on Mavic 2 pro, and few shots on iPhone XS Max

Any feedback/questions/input welcome!

-Ross"

As you should be!! That was beautiful and held my attention and interest all the way through. You really know how to handle your "paintbrush"!
Wow thanks so much for your comment! I really appreciate your feedback :)

Gotta get me some lessons! Fabulous cinematic footage, envious
Thanks so much! I really do obsess over smooth motions and movements.. My advice is to film a TON and spend a lot of time editing.. I think I spent at least 10 hours putting this on together

Excellent cinematic video, well done
Adolf from Argentina
Thanks so much Adolf! I really appreciate your comment, I do spend a LOT of time making sure my shots are super smooth.

When I transition from Mavic to hand-held, I go with my Osmo - same look & feel and just as stable as the drone.
Yes! I literally JUST purchased the Osmo mobile 2 after this trip, I love that thing! I wasn't actually planning this transition when I shot it, hence this crazy edit I had to do to make it right... 71392

I agree with all the above comments, excellent cinematography, editing and thought went into this great video, I was immersed from the start to the finish. The risks were worth the rewards you took to make this award winning video. Great job! I look forward to seeing more of your work! Thanks for sharing ?
thanks so much for your comment!
I really did put a lot of heart and soul went into this one... lots of crashed drones to get to this confidence level :)
Here's my other favorite... one of my first:

Reactions: gmalinow
Loved it, you practically told a story with all that beautiful footage, nice work.
Thanks so much! that's exactly what I was trying to do... at least 5 revisions led to this version of the story and I think it really tells it well, thanks for your comment!

Fantastic!
Question for you - I'm a newbie to flying my Mavic 2 Pro and complete newbie to editing which i assume takes ten hours to one hour flying!. I recently came back from New Zealand and Australia with about 30 flights to edit. What software do you use? Any suggestions helpful.
Thank you,
Larry
Hey Larry! Sounds like you have a lot of potential footage to work with! Super excited for the potential there!
I would start by using iMovie if I were you (if you have a Mac) then graduate to final cut pro x (that's what I use)
If you're on PC, I'm not quite sure what would be best to use...
When finding a shot to put into the video, I typically try to envision what a helicopter might shoot... smooth, gradual.. etc.
Good luck!
I'm excited to see what you come up with!

So cool, your choice of Music is right on the spot. Looks like a fantastic place
Thanks! definitely took a while to find the right song, but I have been LOVING this artist lately.. they only have one other song up right now... hoping they make more!

I love everything about that video - what an absolutely beautiful location !! Great music as well !
Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback.
Definitely a peaceful place to stay for easter, so quiet!

One of the best shooting, editing, setting a mood, and music mixing I have seen!! Well done! You are an Artist!!
Aw geez.. thanks for the comment, that means a lot! Definitely spent a long time putting it together...

Spectacular shots! o_O Risk vs Rewards.. You have nailed it!Thumbswayup
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the comment :)
My apple watch informed me that my heart-rate was a little too high in some moments,,.. lol

I love it. Thanks
going onto my screen saver rotation :)
Theres something about it that i just love

Reactions: rossmoney

Hey all!

Really proud of how this one turned out,
Flew most of the low and close shots with “line of site” of the drone, meaning I stared at it the whole shot without a glance down at the controller.

Shot on Mavic 2 pro, and few shots on iPhone XS Max

Any feedback/questions/input welcome!

-Ross
Very nicely done. I wonder if you would have gotten rid of some of the haze in the video where you are substantially above the trees if you had a UV filter on your camera. Otherwise quite nice. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d