DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY risky shots turned out really nice

rossmoney

Reactions

Hey all!

Really proud of how this one turned out,
Flew most of the low and close shots with “line of site” of the drone, meaning I stared at it the whole shot without a glance down at the controller.

Shot on Mavic 2 pro, and few shots on iPhone XS Max

Any feedback/questions/input welcome!

-Ross

EDIT: I used Polarpro ND32 when flying my Mavic 2 Pro.. There is one shot that I used my Mavic 2 Zoom and I don't have filters for that one, so you can kind of notice the stutter due to the shutter speed being extremely high at 1:35 in the video. Not the biggest fan of the zoom in general as it doesn't allow easing in and out of zooming.. pretty big deal breaker for active pushing in and out during shooting... I wrecked my first Mavic 2 and busted the gimbal, bought the zoom gimbal/camera for about $280 and installed it and have been flying that on the side. I hardly use it though..

Last edited:
Really nice! I loved the precision flying shots. Good variety too. On the ground based shots with your iPhone, did you use a gimbal or stabilize them in post? They're so smooth!
Thanks!
Which shots are you referring to exactly?
All the shots of my brother catching that one fish are iPhone, unatabalized, the 3 girls walking down the path is iPhone, stabilized,
The night shot of the 3 vans and the fire is iPhone, stabilized.

Last edited:
Thanks!
Which shots are you referring to exactly?
All the shots of my brother catching that one fish are iPhone, unatabalized, the 3 girls walking down the path is iPhone, stabilized,
The night shot of the 3 vans and the fire is iPhone, stabilized.

Yeah. The shots of the girls walking down path were the ones. Are you just using the iPhone's stabilization or something in your video editor during post? Honestly, the fishing ones looks really stable too. You must have a pretty steady hand!

Reactions: rossmoney
Yeah. The shots of the girls walking down path were the ones. Are you just using the iPhone's stabilization or something in your video editor during post? Honestly, the fishing ones looks really stable too. You must have a pretty steady hand!
Oh thanks!
Yeah I’m using FCPX’s stabilization, they have a few modes, but I’m just using the first option. Really helpful most of the time, although it can pump out some really weird stuff if you feed it the wrong type of footage

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
At 1:04 you start a wide-angle with the bicyclist in the lower right corner. Your camera movement continues with the expanding/moving shot but the bicyclists stays in a fairly fixed position. I thought that was really well done.

At 1:04 you start a wide-angle with the bicyclist in the lower right corner. Your camera movement continues with the expanding/moving shot but the bicyclists stays in a fairly fixed position. I thought that was really well done.
Thank you! I appreciate the input, helps me quite a bit

Another Rossmoney masterpiece! I honestly don't have anymore good words left in my vocabulary to describe your videos. Only thing I can say is that you have gone past the Hobby stage a long time ago and should now be getting rich in Hollywood. You make videos out of fairly ordinary scenery and yet make them look like something done by a production company.

PS
Just remember me when your swimming in the cash :)

Rob

Hey all!

Flew most of the low and close shots with “line of site” of the drone, meaning I stared at it the whole shot without a glance down at the controller.

-Ross
Fantastic intro. Well worth the effort and risk

Hey all!

-Ross
Awesome job!!!!

"Hey all!

-Ross"

As you should be!! That was beautiful and held my attention and interest all the way through. You really know how to handle your "paintbrush"!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet