DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Shot a 70' Trawler Yacht on a really muggy day in Seattle, how'd it come out?

AlecGB

Reactions

Would love some thoughts on my most recent video. Had some trouble making sure the drone footage didn't just come out grey and dark. This is the second boat from the Delta shipyard that I've shot and they're amazing ships.

Also I started taking off/landing while the boat is moving instead of having it stop. A bit nerve racking but ended up being not too bad

Recommend you consider getting the Rescue Jacket for the Mavic 3 which will take all the stress out of loosing your footage or the drone sinking as the cost of gas alone is expensive for this boat.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water, Take the stress out these shoots.

Reactions: AlecGB
Rescue jacket not on the list. Steering wheels and propellers are the priority!

Would love some thoughts on my most recent video. Had some trouble making sure the drone footage didn't just come out grey and dark. This is the second boat from the Delta shipyard that I've shot and they're amazing ships.

Also I started taking off/landing while the boat is moving instead of having it stop. A bit nerve racking but ended up being not too bad
Prop Wash amazing and beautiful ! How did you control that so smoothly inside such confined spaces ( presume drone used throughout ) Great production

Prop Wash amazing and beautiful ! How did you control that so smoothly inside such confined spaces ( presume drone used throughout ) Great production
This wasn't me - this magnificent work belongs to @AlecGB!

Very nice!
If I should suggest anything I would work on WB. Reduce the warm colour a bit on the interior shots under tungsten (warm LED) lights. You have done great job keeping the color of the interior shots consistent and I know how difficult it is to achieve that, especially when the cold blue dailight is coming through the windows. To me it is a bit too warm though, especially in the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen etc. The engine room under fluoro lights is a big jump in colour, more neutral, easier to WB I suppose under single K degree lightsource. The outside, mostly the drone shots are also quite cold under the heavy clouds and I would try to warm them up just a bit to match most of the other exterior ground shots. Some of he detail shots of the of boat controls are nicely WB-ed and perhaps could be used as guide for the rest. Hope I was not too harsh in my CC. It is a great video and a very difficult job under challenging weather conditions well done!!!

Last edited:
Awesome job!

Beautifully captured and edited!
Can you share which drone you used for exterior work and what did you use for the interior footage?

Sorry for the late replies everyone, I went on a short vacation and was away from any connection. Thank you to everyone for the comments and kind words!!

Recommend you consider getting the Rescue Jacket for the Mavic 3 which will take all the stress out of loosing your footage or the drone sinking as the cost of gas alone is expensive for this boat.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water, Take the stress out these shoots.

I had not heard about a rescue jacket I will absolutely look into that. Thank you for the recommendation. Have lost footage in crashes before, not fun.

Placing my order today!

Don't forget to tell them I sent you to get $50 cash back!! lol

Nicely done!

Thank you!! Means a lot to get great feedback

I used a Lumix S5 & gimbal for all of the interior shots. Drone for the exterior shots. Thanks for the compliment!

View attachment 170209
Nothing comparable to your great work and just a still but boats make great subjects :)

Some of the best subjects I agree, and great shot!! Is that a ferry?

Very nice!
If I should suggest anything I would work on WB. Reduce the warm colour a bit on the interior shots under tungsten (warm LED) lights. You have done great job keeping the color of the interior shots consistent and I know how difficult it is to achieve that, especially when the cold blue dailight is coming through the windows. To me it is a bit too warm though, especially in the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen etc. The engine room under fluoro lights is a big jump in colour, more neutral, easier to WB I suppose under single K degree lightsource. The outside, mostly the drone shots are also quite cold under the heavy clouds and I would try to warm them up just a bit to match most of the other exterior ground shots. Some of he detail shots of the of boat controls are nicely WB-ed and perhaps could be used as guide for the rest. Hope I was not too harsh in my CC. It is a great video and a very difficult job under challenging weather conditions well done!!!

Thanks for the critiques. Definitely were not too critical. Coloring is probably my weakest point at the moment and the interiors on this boat were especially bad. Had to do a lot of work to get things to match. Thanks for taking the time to help me improve!! Excited to develop things more and hone in the craft.

Awesome job!

Thank you!

Beautifully captured and edited!
Can you share which drone you used for exterior work and what did you use for the interior footage?

Mavic 3 exterior & Lumix S5 on gimbal interior. Hope this helps

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13