DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY torn - upgrade or not?!

I was out flying last night with my zoom and noticed that DJI has done an update to the GO 4 app and now it does not show the flight time remaining. Sooooooooo

Really?? That coloured bar along the top has gone?

The green line was there but the numbers were not there. Was weird. I heard they had done an update to the app but just noticed last night
Really?? That coloured bar along the top has gone?

The green line was there but the numbers were not there. Was weird. I heard they had done an update to the app but just noticed last night
Interesting.... I only ever looked at the bar anyway - tended to ignore the actual numbers

Interesting.... I only ever looked at the bar anyway - tended to ignore the actual numbers
I like the numbers as it helps me calculate time to get back home if I have been flying for some time. Each to their own. I have the Mavic 1 and now the Zoom. Just upgrade. Best thing I ever did.

Not having Litchi availability would kill the deal for me.

Yep. Hopefully it will come in the future, but it hasn't yet for the mavic mini and that's 6 months old now...

I may well upgrade in the future when it works with litchi, the smart controller, and hopefully an updated and improved fly app...

I'm REALLY torn...

Currently got a MA Fly More, and I've had a lot of problems with the MA so the retailer has offered to give me back what I paid for it as a discount off a MA2.

That would be a good deal if I definitely wanted to upgrade, but I'm really not sure that I do, so any comments on my list of pros and cons would be much appreciated.

I shoot a bit of video for fun, but not seriously. I don't care about 4K/60. I'm pretty serious about my still photography. The 48MP isn't a big deal to me as I rarely need to crop, but better low light capability would be nice - however someone mentioned the 48MP sensor needs more light....

Pros for upgrading:
Occusync (note that I'm in the UK so I'm looking at Occusync CE vs Wifi FCC)
Longer battery life
Quieter
Future smart controller compatibility
Dedicated button to flip gimbal instantly between vertical and horizontal

Cons for upgrading
Size
Fly app - hate it, from what I've seen
No litchi support
No Smatree portable charger available (yet) - I use the one for my MA all the time

Haha sorry, not really any specific questions, just saying what's on my mind to see if anyone comments....
I did not have any particular problems with my MA1, but I decided to upgrade to MA2 and sell my Frly More Combo with an extra battery for $600.00. You DEFINITELY should upgrade, particularly if you are having problems now. Don't Hesitate since you will get more for your FMC than I am getting for mine.

Not having Litchi availability would kill the deal for me.
Use DroneDeploy or Pix4D. You can use either free if you are only using them to fly and take photos/videos. I use DroneDeploy a lot, however Pix4D gives a nice variety of mission options. I expect to be using it more in the future.

I'm REALLY torn...

Currently got a MA Fly More, and I've had a lot of problems with the MA so the retailer has offered to give me back what I paid for it as a discount off a MA2.

That would be a good deal if I definitely wanted to upgrade, but I'm really not sure that I do, so any comments on my list of pros and cons would be much appreciated.

I shoot a bit of video for fun, but not seriously. I don't care about 4K/60. I'm pretty serious about my still photography. The 48MP isn't a big deal to me as I rarely need to crop, but better low light capability would be nice - however someone mentioned the 48MP sensor needs more light....

Pros for upgrading:
Occusync (note that I'm in the UK so I'm looking at Occusync CE vs Wifi FCC)
Longer battery life
Quieter
Future smart controller compatibility
Dedicated button to flip gimbal instantly between vertical and horizontal

Cons for upgrading
Size
Fly app - hate it, from what I've seen
No litchi support
No Smatree portable charger available (yet) - I use the one for my MA all the time

Haha sorry, not really any specific questions, just saying what's on my mind to see if anyone comments....
Buy the drone. Fly it for a few batteries. Return it if you wish.

I did not know that! An option for one of the function buttons?
I am expecting my Air 2 Friday or Monday. It will be nice to be able, with one button, to switch the camera 90 degrees left, right and front.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky