DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rear left“leg” has a little offset after crash.

Boidens

Reactions
Hello all,

Problem?
Rear left “leg” has a little offset after crash.
I can still fly but the propellers on the left touch each other from time to time, damaging them.
The gap is invisible when folded closed.

Was unit in a crash?
Yes

What have you tried so far?
Pull / push it a bit in hopes of reducing the offset.

What device are you using?
iPhone XR

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
newest

What Go app version are you using?
newest version

Any modification?
No modifications

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

57316912-E6F6-4B28-A468-EB1D4C5967D7.jpeg
5680CB7F-6555-4920-9398-30F398D87381.jpeg
D487455D-5EBD-4AD8-B198-E8ED64A409D0.jpeg
if you crashed or lost your drone YOU MUST upload log files and a post link in your post!
I tried but the folder could not be opened, so I couldn’t retrieve the files.
I will look and see if I can find them still, but I didn’t want to put this post on hold.

Is there a way to make the leg connect fully, closing the gap?

Thanks for any response in advance.

so i see where an issue might lie.

if you are flying, and those props touch and shatter, its game over

only suggested fix i have is to cut the props... all of them. about a 1/4 inch off each (basically the grey stripe) but this does nothing for the integrity of the armature.

when i had my MA1 i saw a video of a guy online that cut his props to make his MA1 quieter. flight characteristics where unchanged if i remember correctly. i'm going to start hunting that video down now.

Reactions: Boidens
Hey thanks for the quick response.

Indeed the fear of that after hearing the propellers hit each other is why I avoided flying.

I did expierence a bit of drifting of instead of remaining stationary when flying after the crash.
Is this due to the device having to compensate for the renewed balance in terms of propellers?

I saw people buying new “legs” to adjust this but I think it might be overkill in my situation. And I’m a bit fearful of repairing it myself.

In the meanwhile I managed recovering my flightlog.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-21_[14-08-24].txt
    259.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: itsneedtokno
That arm is going to make that prop out of alignment, maybe not by much, but enough.

Having a prop "out of alignment" will cause the other three to constantly be readjusting for spindrift... That is what my logical, critical thinking brain says anyway. (There's plenty of other people on here too, that could give you definite answers) I would think this would cause premature wear and a failpoint in the future

sorry about your crash... I lost my MA1 in the ICW, never to be recovered

Have a look through mavic air teardown and or arm replacement videos on youtube etc.. BUT bear in mind that some of the posters of drone dismantling videos seem extremely rough and I wouldn't let them near a WW2 tank let alone something delicate so watch as many videos as you can find.

Hello all,

Problem?
Rear left “leg” has a little offset after crash.
I can still fly but the propellers on the left touch each other from time to time, damaging them.
The gap is invisible when folded closed.

Was unit in a crash?
Yes

What have you tried so far?
Pull / push it a bit in hopes of reducing the offset.

What device are you using?
iPhone XR

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
newest

What Go app version are you using?
newest version

Any modification?
No modifications

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

View attachment 105489
View attachment 105488
View attachment 105491
if you crashed or lost your drone YOU MUST upload log files and a post link in your post!
I tried but the folder could not be opened, so I couldn’t retrieve the files.
I will look and see if I can find them still, but I didn’t want to put this post on hold.

Is there a way to make the leg connect fully, closing the gap?

Thanks for any response in advance.
Simple said, you mainly have 2 thing's in the end that keep your nearly half a kilo drone in the air ... props & batteries, neglect any of these & it will go down. Forget cheap solutions like cutting all 4 props, or continue flying as is ... you don't want to randomly drop that from height with risk of injuring someone or damage property.

By dislocating that leg you put enormous stress on all components by introducing vibrations with a risk of damaging the electronics & put extra strain on the drone structure & motors.

If you can't get it repaired by yourself, hand it over & pay for the service ...

Have a look through mavic air teardown and or arm replacement videos on youtube etc.. BUT bear in mind that some of the posters of drone dismantling videos seem extremely rough and I wouldn't let them near a WW2 tank let alone something delicate so watch as many videos as you can find.
I’m a bit to scared to atempt this myself... I think I will be looking for a repair service.

Simple said, you mainly have 2 thing's in the end that keep your nearly half a kilo drone in the air ... props & batteries, neglect any of these & it will go down. Forget cheap solutions like cutting all 4 props, or continue flying as is ... you don't want to randomly drop that from height with risk of injuring someone or damage property.

By dislocating that leg you put enormous stress on all components by introducing vibrations with a risk of damaging the electronics & put extra strain on the drone structure & motors.

If you can't get it repaired by yourself, hand it over & pay for the service ...

I tried to make the leg loose but after doing I could not readjust it.
So the gap is still there unfortunately.

You need to replace the arm pivot assembly, it is small and inexpensive and has been bent by the impact.

You will need to dissassemble and de-solder the arm to replace, then re-solder the arm.

You may be able to bend it back but that would still require disassembly of the unit.

Simple fix overall for an experienced repair pro or hobbyist.

Attachments

• 31J2DIWNXTL._SY355_-1.jpg
    31J2DIWNXTL._SY355_-1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 11
Hello @Detritalgeo ,

Thank you very much for this information!
Should one like myself, who has never really done this attempt it?
only attempt it if you have the confidence and equipment to achieve a good result ,good luck

Reactions: Boidens
Hey @Detritalgeo ,

Thanks! Took me a while but I found a shop in Germany that sells these.

Everyone thanks for the comments.
I will post back after the repair (attempt)

Thanks,
Sam

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+