DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reason Why I Like Amazon and Not DJI (Mavic 3 related)

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Whelp this whole fix the gps issue update not fixing the GPS issue really irked me and is the straw that broke the camels back.

I bought my Mavic 3 in Nov and could return it up until Jan 27th which on that day I requested to return it.... cold feet and decided to keep it... Well all this speculation of product hardware changes (components, lens, etc.) I got ahold of amazon chat and asked since i had requested a return on the 27th if i could still do so thinking i would be told no...

After some polite social engineering with the person on the other end.... they have processed my return now 5 months later...

It is gona suck not having the battery life and the zoom and go back to my air2 for a bit... but i think this is the right choice even if i end up buying a new one down the line.... or waiting for the next best thing from somewhere.

DJI really screwed itself on this release.

Oh << I am going to be on that Chat as well with Amazon soon as I determine my GPS locking times .

Can you imagine getting the new 30T and having to wait 7 minutes before you could take off. UGH , i hope they dont struggle like we are.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Oh << I am going to be on that Chat as well with Amazon soon as I determine my GPS locking times .

Can you imagine getting the new 30T and having to wait 7 minutes before you could take off. UGH , i hope they dont struggle like we are.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
5:55 for me earlier today again.. I got a home point set at 3 mins but then it did the satellite up and down dance until 5:55... had enough, reading through if the hardware is really different at some component levels for early models... not gona risk that with this opportunity.

5:55 for me earlier today again.. I got a home point set at 3 mins but then it did the satellite up and down dance until 5:55... had enough, reading through if the hardware is really different at some component levels for early models... not gona risk that with this opportunity.
We have the Oval vs the Round Lens, and than New GPS chip and the Old and we have updates that are going backwards its a lot of Nails in the coffin to deal with so im with you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

If the darned thing wasn't so good at its intended purpose of video and photos from a tripod on a dolly in the sky, I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, the 32 minute flight time on a MFT camera and a 7x telephoto camera are unbeatable. I can live with some slow GNSS issues, especially since my workarounds of rebooting at 8 satellites or ascending immediately to 96 feet work really well. I've been spoiled by the output! I still have my M2P's and M2Z and P4P's, but this one is just so much better.

If the darned thing wasn't so good at its intended purpose of video and photos from a tripod on a dolly in the sky, I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, the 32 minute flight time on a MFT camera and a 7x telephoto camera are unbeatable. I can live with some slow GNSS issues, especially since my workarounds of rebooting at 8 satellites or ascending immediately to 96 feet work really well. I've been spoiled by the output! I still have my M2P's and M2Z and P4P's, but this one is just so much better.
I do agree with you, I just don't want to get stuck with beta hardware lol ...

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Well that explains this logo : lol
It makes more sense now.

2022-03-25_13h35_05.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I do agree with you, I just don't want to get stuck with beta hardware lol ...
You'll never know what benefits and features you are missing out on while waiting for perfection. The existing hardware is fine. If you ever think a newer version of hardware is being sold, you can always upgrade to it through Refresh. "Oops! Dropped my drone!" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
You'll never know what benefits and features you are missing out on while waiting for perfection. The existing hardware is fine. If you ever think a newer version of hardware is being sold, you can always upgrade to it through Refresh. "Oops! Dropped my drone!" 🤣
5 months wear and tear on 3 batteries, even if I ended up re ordering one at least I get 3 new ones lol. I will probably wait till the next major firmware update watch listen then pull the trigger again. I do love that zoom and battery time.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
5 months wear and tear on 3 batteries, even if I ended up re ordering one at least I get 3 new ones lol. I will probably wait till the next major firmware update watch listen then pull the trigger again. I do love that zoom and battery time.
Yup! I'll want a backup aircraft by then anyway, too! 6-12 months after release has always been the DJI sweet spot for a happy ownership experience from day 1. Some of us have to help everyone else have that happy experience, by being early adopters. Guilty as charged! Living on the cutting edge comes with bumps and bruises, and some blood along the way!

I don't know what to think of everything I've read and seen on the networks, regarding the problem after problem that the Mavic 3 has had, delay in GPS reception, some intelligent flight modes that are not yet enabled or not fully enabled , disappointment in some, annoyance or anger 😡 in others. Today I spoke with a technician from a DJI representative here in my country Chile 🇨🇱 and he explained several factors that can influence the delay in satellite capture and one of the reasons that stood out the most is the geographical area in which you are , I had a hard time believing what he told me, referring to the fact that he has not had problems with the GPS, even before the last update that DJI released, and that if they have GPS signal reception problems, it is best to return the equipment to have it checked, repaired or exchanged for another unit. He told me that he has been using the M3 constantly since the launch of DJI, and has not presented capture problems, the longest the drone will take to capture satellites has been 1 minute and a half... I don't know what to think.

I don't know what to think of everything I've read and seen on the networks, regarding the problem after problem that the Mavic 3 has had, delay in GPS reception, some intelligent flight modes that are not yet enabled or not fully enabled , disappointment in some, annoyance or anger 😡 in others. Today I spoke with a technician from a DJI representative here in my country Chile 🇨🇱 and he explained several factors that can influence the delay in satellite capture and one of the reasons that stood out the most is the geographical area in which you are , I had a hard time believing what he told me, referring to the fact that he has not had problems with the GPS, even before the last update that DJI released, and that if they have GPS signal reception problems, it is best to return the equipment to have it checked, repaired or exchanged for another unit. He told me that he has been using the M3 constantly since the launch of DJI, and has not presented capture problems, the longest the drone will take to capture satellites has been 1 minute and a half... I don't know what to think.
Other dji drones don't have the issue, look above and other places. This is a M3 issue.

Reactions: maggior and Norval
haha, lesson for everyone when your talking to chat people at amazon always use a little social engineering as well as save the chat. I had them tell me that id get a full refund before I went down this road... yet they charged me 600 in a restocking fee... After another chat and sending the original screen shot I got a full refund...

Now I got to wait, I got 5 months (300 flights easy) out of the original M3 and if I pick one up again i want to make sure i don't get the old hardware..

But with the market the way it is im tempted to see what will be released in next few months.

@Phantomrain.org just a fyi.

Last edited:
haha, lesson for everyone when your talking to chat people at amazon always use a little social engineering as well as save the chat. I had them tell me that id get a full refund before I went down this road... yet they charged me 600 in a restocking fee... After another chat and sending the original screen shot I got a full refund...

Now I got to wait, I got 5 months (300 flights easy) out of the original M3 and if I pick one up again i want to make sure i don't get the old hardware..

But with the market the way it is im tempted to see what will be released in next few months.

@Phantomrain.org just a fyi.
You're already missing the zoom! 🤣

• Haha

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne