DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rebalancing a Mavic Lipo

xman1

Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with this? I have a battery with a single cell that is .08 v off the other two.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have a battery with a single cell that is .08 v off the other two.

I have read that you need to discharge the battery below 9%, let the battery cool off and then charge it back up. I have never tried it.

Reactions: Former Member

DJI charger is balance charger so if it can’t balance the cells, I don’t think you can correct it. I think the question is whether or not .08 is within acceptable range.

I have over 36 charges on an MP lipo with a difference of .05 between the first and third cell, and I’ve had successfully flown full flights with them every time. It doesn’t differentiate .05 after every charge either. It does change. I guess I didn’t get one of the “Smart” ones [emoji38]

I have read some where, per DJI, 0.1 V variation is in spec, and to rebalance the battery, discharge it down to 5 or 10%, then charge it up and leave it on the charger for a while beyond the time that the lights show full charge and go off.

The mainboard inside the battery is the balance charger..use airdata to check it out a little better over time anyways.

Does your controller display say battery err? Mine does, and one cell is st 3.8v while other two are above 4.0. Also tablet says cannot fly, only 7 times battery charged. I don't know if you are having similar messages.

Reactions: William Becker
Does your controller display say battery err? Mine does, and one cell is st 3.8v while other two are above 4.0. Also tablet says cannot fly, only 7 times battery charged. I don't know if you are having similar messages.

I’ve had that error and I had to update firmware on the batteries. Afterwards, I recharged completely, and all good. I’ve read that some aren’t so lucky and have to send it in (6month Warranty).

3.8 to 4.0 volt variation it too much, I would use it nor trust my Mavic with it. Battery cells shouldn't vary more than 0.1 volt. If a reset of the battery doesn't bring it into spec and it is less then 6 months old, return it to DJI under warranty.

Press and hold the battery power on button for more than 30 seconds to reset the battery.
If you still get battery error then you may need to update the battery firmware.

I will try resetting battery first, but I think it's toast. I'm with locoman my experience with lipo is once they are that far out of balance, hard to bring back, and not into taking huge risks with new drone. One other thing, I don't see a lot of info on battery firmware upgrading. I did find menu for latest upgrades, but is there a specific way to upgrade batteries?

I had problems with a battery after only 8 charges. When the difference reaches 0.15 across cells this triggers a battery error and will not fly. As I bought 2nd hand from eBay I ended scrapping battery.

My Q5004K+ lets me charge my battery til done (green light), and fly my drone. I say this because my batteries are All puffed out ( not a solid hard cased battery), and neither the charger or remote doesn’t warn me Anything’s wrong [emoji38]. I know it’s junk so I tried hovering a few feet off the ground and it will just land hard in about 7-8 minutes tops. Yuneec makes Dangerous batteries and drones that fly with them [emoji35]. Imagine someone that didn’t realize the battery was junk and flew the drone and it dropped out of the air onto somebody or something [emoji15].
DJI makes theirs smart enough to keep us out of trouble, most don’t. [emoji106].

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters