DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reception issue

Maverick joe

Reactions
Hi guys

Took out the mavic pro today but continually getting lost signal
Plenty of satellites on the receiver but always losing signal which causing the drone to send me lost signal messages & not performing its tasks

Can anyone help me

Not sure what your using. I was having problem with my crystalsky and inspire 1v2. All it was fw update for both so they are on the same page.

How far out were you losing signal at? Were there things in between the AC and RC? Was this a different location than normal?

Hi mate

Signal lost intermittently while I was flying

I have just purchased a tablet holder bracket
Which is mounted under the controller but sits over the antenna

Do you think the tablet mounted over both antennas may cause the problem

I am using a galaxy tablet

Don’t have a problem with the tablet but I think it may be the tablet holder I have mounted over the receiver the tablet sits over the antennas on the mavic pro

Do you think this may be the problem

Do you think the tablet mounted over both antennas may cause the problem

My $0.02 on display mount interference. I use the LifThor sif and it places the display in front of the RC. The mounting hardware comes under the RC and up between the two antenna. I have not had any signal or video problems out some distance.

What was the KP index during your flight. There are several apps (IOS & Android) that give that number, My favorite is UAV Forecast as it gives wind speed and gust speed at ground level and up to 5,000'.

There are various apps that will give KP index, my personal favorite is UAV Forecast. It is available from the Android "Play Store" or the IOS "App Store". UAVs primary use is wind speed and gust speed at ground level and various elevations.

This thread has some good information and some good links to additional information. If you want to search on your own, click on the magnifying glass search tool and put in "KAP" or "KAP index"

There are some who think KP is hokus pokus and those who swear by it. To me, it is another tool, I check it and if if I start having intermittent interference problems I may change my flight plans.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54