DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations for flying in a warehouse

applehusky

Reactions
Hey all.
Quick question. I was wondering if the mavic pro, or any other drones out there were better at flying indoors away from gps with magnetic interference.

I’m currently using the spark to take footage of large machine tools and it’s proving to be quite a chore. It’s always in atti mode and loves to get turned around and knocked off course by the strong magnetic field that the machines emit. Is there a setting or something I’m missing that would make this task more manageable?

Get something without compass and gps but has positional awareness. The little Tello drone uses bottom sensors to hold position and altitude quite well but doesn’t have a gimbal stabilised camera with tilt.

Also, I recommend propeller cages if available.

Mavic Pro is fantastic to fly indoors with cages....but noisy.
I was wondering if that was because of opti mode. Im seeing it in the mavic manual but not the spark. Do you use opti mode when flying indoors?

I was wondering if that was because of opti mode. Im seeing it in the mavic manual but not the spark. Do you use opti mode when flying indoors?

Yes. Mavic Pro automatically switches to “vision” mode when gps is lost if lighting is sufficient. Generally gps is not available indoors.

In my experience, if mavic is switching between gps and vision it gets a little squirrelly. Gps is “on” by default with no means to turn it off with software. Others have found that tin foil over the top rear of the aircraft behind the battery will prevent mavic from obtaining gps satellites. This can be handy if you are flying in a place with intermittent gps, like near windows or perhaps a big transparent skylight or transitioning from inside to outside.

Also, if not mentioned elsewhere, you should set rth to “hover” in case of a disconnect.

Yes. Mavic Pro automatically switches to “vision” mode when gps is lost if lighting is sufficient. Generally gps is not available indoors.

In my experience, if mavic is switching between gps and vision it gets a little squirrelly. Gps is “on” by default with no means to turn it off with software. Others have found that tin foil over the top rear of the aircraft behind the battery will prevent mavic from obtaining gps satellites. This can be handy if you are flying in a place with intermittent gps, like near windows or perhaps a big transparent skylight or transitioning from inside to outside.

Also, if not mentioned elsewhere, you should set rth to “hover” in case of a disconnect.
That seems like a very smart thing to do.
Is the spark supposed to have vision mode or is that a mavic only feature?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000